Double Vision - New LS

Zion_LS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So after a year of searching I have found an LS to replace my old LS. It has been a hard fought search as I was only interested in one with ultra low miles due to the extreme number of miles I drive.

I came across an '05 last Thursday with only 5900 miles on it. It was at a Ford Motor Credit auction in Columbus, OH. I didn't believe the miles so I got my a$$ out of bed at 4:30 Friday morning and drove over (3 hrs) with a friend to look at it before the office opened at 8:00. It was legit, went over it with a fine tooth comb. Still had the leather care instructions on the passenger seat and caution stickers on the glovebox door. Wheels have never been off the car. Could not believe it. So I called a contact I have at a Ford dealership and had him "buy it now" and drove it home. I don't know that I stole it at $16,900 ($17,500 after broker fees) but I feel like I bought the equivilent of a brand new car for 39% of the sticker price!!

I have to admit that it was a little bit of a buzz kill when I parked it next to my '02. I love black on black but nobody really knows that I got a new car. Although, it does have a few upgrades. Navigation being a big one!!!

DSC_0649.jpg

too cool! :D

How do you like it compared to the '02? (besides it being shiny and new and all...)

You have the best of both worlds... 1st gen LS & 2nd Gen LS

Congrats!!

You know, I really like my '02. One option that the '05 does not have, and I cannot find where it was an option for '05 is rain sensing wipers. I thought it was dumb when I bought the '02 but now I miss it. The '05 has more pep but the '02 wasn't bad. I thought I would love the nav on the '05 but have been disappointed so far. I NEED to figure out how to override the 5 mph rule. That is just plain annoying.

I am sure that this will get criticized but I like the black radio and center console on the '02 better than the silver. That is going to have to grow on me. Right now I feel like I want to change it but I will give it some time.

I have to say, I have put 105k miles on my '02. Except for an issue with two leaky injectors (covered under warranty) and valve cover gaskets at 100K. I have not had any problems with the car. I have no complaints and if my company didn't pick up my car expense, I would keep it. There is still nothing wrong with it.

I am a little concerned. The '05 has set so much, it has a flat spot on the right front tire that is not working its way out like I thought it would and the injectors act like they need cleaned. Bottomline, it is just not a good idea to let a car sit, even if it has no miles on it.

Oh yeah, I should point out, I am not made of money, the '02 is going up for sale. I can't keep two. :D

you cant overide the 5mph on the nav, its a safetey feature so you wont be on doing what you want to do, drive and play with the nav, the thx sound system is a big pluss, how do you like it so far.

I have rain-sensing wipers on my '03...I'm fairly certain it was an option through '06. Also, you can't override the speed sensor on the nav...but you can cut it ;) Not worth it though, you'll basically disable your little moving icon on the nav screen.

I have rain-sensing wipers on my '03...I'm fairly certain it was an option through '06. Also, you can't override the speed sensor on the nav...but you can cut it ;) Not worth it though, you'll basically disable your little moving icon on the nav screen.

Rain-sensing wipers were scrapped because of problems associated with them. They were discontinued in the middle of the 2004 production.

You know, I really like my '02. One option that the '05 does not have, and I cannot find where it was an option for '05 is rain sensing wipers. I thought it was dumb when I bought the '02 but now I miss it. The '05 has more pep but the '02 wasn't bad. I thought I would love the nav on the '05 but have been disappointed so far. I NEED to figure out how to override the 5 mph rule. That is just plain annoying.

I am sure that this will get criticized but I like the black radio and center console on the '02 better than the silver. That is going to have to grow on me. Right now I feel like I want to change it but I will give it some time.

I have to say, I have put 105k miles on my '02. Except for an issue with two leaky injectors (covered under warranty) and valve cover gaskets at 100K. I have not had any problems with the car. I have no complaints and if my company didn't pick up my car expense, I would keep it. There is still nothing wrong with it.

I am a little concerned. The '05 has set so much, it has a flat spot on the right front tire that is not working its way out like I thought it would and the injectors act like they need cleaned. Bottomline, it is just not a good idea to let a car sit, even if it has no miles on it.

The 5 mph is pretty stupid. Any plans for mods? I think a new LSE grille is in order and maybe a painted rear-surround!

Very nice find. I would suggest the LSE grill also. It makes a huge difference from what I have seen. I see you are not required to have a front license plate as well. Get that holder off of there!

Very nice car.... I LOVE them in black!

Rain-sensing wipers were scrapped because of problems associated with them. They were discontinued in the middle of the 2004 production.

That sucks, till this day i never had a problem with them, they work perfect, in fact, i find them usefull. But i do read some members postings about them going bad so not everyone is in the hole with it.

The twin LS's cracks me up. I love it. As for the wipers. Mine behave a little strange at times. But I just figure that is Abe's (my LS) way of expressing himself. I'll handle the driving and Abe can handle the wipers. Its a little deal we have. So far it has worked out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back