drive by wire?

dawozman1

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have an 05 i read its drive by wire is that correct? theres a noise i have that happens only when i accelerate could it be related to the drive by wire system? are there any common things that go wrong with that?

i have something similar i think. its a whining noise upon acceleration. i also get speaker pops when i turn on my foglights. i think its a wiring 'short' or lack of frequency/ wiring isolation. hasnt caused any problems
and yes 03+ have dbw, vvt, better exhaust, revised intake and a few other things that escape me

mines more of a whiny/crinkly, noise sounds like its coming from behind the dash. no speaker pops. got 2 years left on warranty i tihnk im gunna have them check it out soon

not drive-by-wire - throttle-by-wire. the gas pedal does not pull a cable attached to the throttle body, it simply move a potentiometer and sends an electrical signal to a motor on the throttle body that moves the throttle plate. This allows the car's computer to take the input from the gas pedal - combine it with other factors - and then adjust the throttle plate to what it feels is the right position.

are you hearing a high-pitched whine through the speakers?

The only noise I get with mine is when it's in a high gear and and I'm going say 40mph and I want to accelerate. You can hear the engine lugging until I floor it and then it kicks down a gear or two and takes off like a bat out of hell.

I miss the tried and true throttle cable set-up. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back