driverside mirror(93-96)or (93)and(94-96)?

newguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 93 mark VIII and somebody side swiped my drivers side mirror and I found one but the guy says that 93 is by itself and 94 goes thru 96 the same??>is this true??I really need it and its the same color,,if its diffrent is there anything I can do to make it work??

They will all fit, its the plug that are different. In fact I am pretty sure some years have one harness, others two or something like that. I had bought some mirrors for my 96 from Jamie and they did not match up so I ended up gutting them and stuff to make it all work without modifying the wiring. But I do think he told me ahead of time about that issue I would have.

There were wiring difference based on year and mirror options like dimming and heated mirrors.... you can just use the good outer shell and put your proper mechanism and wiring into it.

93's all have a single plug coming out of them, 94-96 all have double harness's coming out, they will all bolt to all years, but physically wont work. if you have a 93, you need to buy a 93 mirror.

man that suck's I found the opal gray I needed for the drivers side oh well back on the hunt,,thanks all

well if you want to try and remove the guts and use the outer shell but have fun with that!!

your other option is buy the correct mirror and paint it with a rattle can, its a mirror, its not a body panel, you'll never notice the difference from the car to the mirror.

yes it does, i use it all the time and their clear coat in the can is nice too for spray bombs. i used some deep jewel green on my 93 and its a dead match, their toreador red is too, and silver frost, all these i have used on door handles. perfect match.

I wish Tommy had a camera so he could post up some pics of the plate bracket... it came out nice on my end, and he says it matches very very well.

yes it does, i use it all the time and their clear coat in the can is nice too for spray bombs. i used some deep jewel green on my 93 and its a dead match, their toreador red is too, and silver frost, all these i have used on door handles. perfect match.

Any idea who has these Duplicolor paint in spray cans and do you need clearcoat for the black? Lincolns clearcoat I believe is mixed in with the Lincoln paint.

Ask and you shall receive... :)

DSC01149.JPG

Wow... that don't look bad at all!

Especially when I started with this... I got to play Jamie for an afternoon!

Plate Holder.jpg

Here ya go... I used 30 second hold superglue to get it to stay in shape, then I used some plastic epoxy to give it strength. Used about half a tube, wanted to make sure it was good and glued.

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Members online

Back