dyno tune

1bad4.6l

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I searched a litlle and came up with a little but didnt know much of what was talked about for my situation, Ive read that a good tune will do wonders, and a couple of friends have pointed me to executive performance. I talked to them and they said that what i need is a chip tune and it would be 450.00 to do it they also said 85 for a baseline [3 pulls]. does this sound like what i want ive got 2.5 straight pipe, flowmasters,no cats at all,2500stall, and shift kit, ive also modified the factory airbox. mine is a first gen 1995. :confused: :confused:

Honestly with your mods I would just get an off the shelf SCT chip from any number of reputable vendors that have worked with the Mark VIII and pocked the extra $200 or so...

Honestly with your mods I would just get an off the shelf SCT chip from any number of reputable vendors that have worked with the Mark VIII and pocked the extra $200 or so...

+1

now if that money was a "jerry dyno tune" I'd say otherwise.
based on how little mods he has.. I agree.. "just chip it".

OR put that 400.00 towards the PRP package which is kind of expensive for a EECIV car due to the hardware required to burn the chip.

400.00 is halfway to a chip, chip burner and the software...then you can burn your own chip.. endless times..and adjust your tune for your future mods.

I missed the other 85 dollars..

450+85 is 535.00 550.00 with tax.

That's only 350.00ish dollars away from the whole Pro Racer Package with full control of the PCM.

I would agree. Put the money you save towards another mod.

who would be a vendor that would offer that chip that you would use and what was the custom tuner you were referring to where i could do it all myself what can you change and so on with that injector pulse timing etc. and what is a jerry dyno tune ive also been told that a custom tune for my vehicle would be better then one for every other mark8

also the 85 is for just a baseline if he tunes it hell do a before and after baseline printout included for the 450.00

who would be a vendor that would offer that chip that you would use and what was the custom tuner you were referring to where i could do it all myself what can you change and so on with that injector pulse timing etc. and what is a jerry dyno tune ive also been told that a custom tune for my vehicle would be better then one for every other mark8

There are a few vendors that offer chips. I got my tune from Lonnie @ BOC and was happy with it. Geno @ LMS seems to have a good rep for his chips and is a vendor on this site.

For a custom tuner there are a few option but IMHO if you are going to spend the money for one get the PRP(Pro Racer Package) from SCT.

I think Tomy was referring to having Jerry W. doing the dyno tune. Jerry W.(I don't remember how to spell his last name) is a former Ford engineer and also worked for SCT for a while. He is regarded as one of the best Ford tuners out there.

+1 for Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips. He builds his own custom Tranny tuning (apparently some others don't) that worked great for my 98 LSC.

"1bad4.6l"

I see you are a Kansas guy. You can have your car Tuned at OverKill Performance in Lawrence KS. (785)856-4555

They have a Dyno Dynamics Dyno

overkill performance said 45 for a base line and around 150for the tune if i bring my own sct chip what the hell is a sct and how would i locate one

Members online

No members online now.
Back