ebay

dnce0589

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys as u may know im getting my coils vcg and plugs done for my ls im not sure how many coils are misfiring so i may as well just get all 6 done. when i went to autozone they priced one coil at around $50.00 now i see a set of 6 coils on ebay for $70.00 fyi this would b my 1st time buying from ebay or online for that matter does this look like a scam or am i just not realizing the best part of ebay (the buy it now price is $70.00)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IGNITIO...00&hash=item27c2a9c4f4&vxp=mtr#ht_2171wt_1270

Buy those coils if you want to buy some more in a couple months. Grab a set of Visteon brand (OEM replacement considerably cheaper) if you want quality.

hey guys as u may know im getting my coils vcg and plugs done for my ls im not sure how many coils are misfiring so i may as well just get all 6 done. when i went to autozone they priced one coil at around $50.00 now i see a set of 6 coils on ebay for $70.00 fyi this would b my 1st time buying from ebay or online for that matter does this look like a scam or am i just not realizing the best part of ebay (the buy it now price is $70.00)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IGNITIO...00&hash=item27c2a9c4f4&vxp=mtr#ht_2171wt_1270

Very common topic. There are a number of threads regarding coils on the forum. May be a good idea to use the search function, review them, then decide which way you prefer to go. Visteon coils have been used by some members lately. While cheap in price on eBay, sometimes spending a bit more allows for more time on the road instead of on the side of the road with the hood up.....what I am saying is go with the Visteons.

Sidenote, if time allows on your end, you will find that there are a lot of informative threads within the history of the forum.

Buy those coils if you want to buy some more in a couple months. Grab a set of Visteon brand (OEM replacement considerably cheaper) if you want quality.

even tho they have a lifetime warranty

even tho they have a lifetime warranty
Yep... I wouldn't even bother with ebay coils. And they can say lifetime all they want. I could sell you a blown engine with a lifetime "off the lot" warranty. As soon as it leaves the lot, it ain't my problem no more. Ebay is hit or miss.

do the coils on ebay seem to good to b tru ????? or is that common for packs of 6

Not a scam, just mass produced chinese junk with no quality control.

i mean like a scam

Again, coils are a very common issue with the LS. You are getting the right feedback . Trust it.

Next sidenote, owning an LS is not cheap and not for those who may not be able to keep it up. Be ready for that and also be ready that some parts are relatively hard to find.

Again, coils are a very common issue with the LS. You are getting the right feedback . Trust it.

Next sidenote, owning an LS is not cheap and not for those who may not be able to keep it up. Be ready for that and also be ready that some parts are relatively hard to find.

Agreed. Most parts are only found by dumpster diving at junkyards. But when you find the part you need, it's like gold. And you are happy for a month. As you may well know that these engines get very pissy when they don't like a part.

Members online

Back