Electrical Issues ??

bryanswens

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am having some terrible electrical issues and I think if I list them with the Issue (hopefully) you guys/gals can help the most. Forgive me for not posting in a while either.

#1. Keyless touchpad - Works but only for about 1 hour after car is shut off. Then is just off.

#2. Keyless touchpad Lock (7-8)(9-0) <---buttons - Light used to shut off immediately when pressed now light turns on for about 5 minutes after pressed. Then goes off.

#3. Trunk Release - Doesn't work but when pressed Tail lights turn on while being pressed with a slight noise of trunk trying to release.

#4. Moon roof - Just is off no lights no power. Nothing. I am pretty sure it is still operable.

#5. Heater/AC lights - Two burnt out. Self explanatory but also understand they can go out.

#6. Interior lights - Goes along with #2 but when car has sat for +- 1 hour and door is opened nothing comes on until car is turned on.

#7. Air Bag Light - Every 6 months or so randomly blinks and goes away for another few months.

I think that is all. The weird thing about it is they are started occurring within a few months of each other. I checked every single fuse / relay i could find but still nothing. Could this be one short somewhere causing all these issues one by one. like for Issue #6 it acts like a relay isn't kicking in to shut off the light. Ive tried but clearly not succeeded.

The car still runs and drives great and i still love the car but i would like it more if the Extras worked

bryanswens

#1 & #2 : Door sensor

#3 : Trunk harness, right side along hinge. Remove wrap and inspect.

#4 : sounds like a fuse. You can pull the panel above the back seat in the headliner and make sure its connected though.

#5 : ya

#6 : same issue relating to 1 & 2

#7 : depends on the pattern of blinks.

Ok, so for the door sensor there is a write-up hidden. I will try to find it unless someone has the link.

well I got the trunk release to work now. the problem was right at the plug by the air ride switch the black wire was broke / disconnected. it also had a crimped connection like it had been repaired before. tomorrow is the sunroof and door keypad. what was weird was just tonight I let the car sit and just tried the keypad and it work but I'm going to let it sit over night and try it in the morning I wonder if my trunk latch would cause anything

Again my keypad works now if it sits overnight. When i got in to go to work this morning my i tried the keypad before the key and still works. would colder temps be causing this to work again. for this year i think it was the coldest day so far it got down to 24 degrees this morning. its just weird why it would start working after fixing the trunk wire. it still throws the interior light on when the lock code it pressed.

here is a pic of the wire.

img024.jpg

Unity -

for the sunroof, is that panel on the roof and how in the world do you take off the headliner with out ruining it. is the plug rearward behind the sunroof. also could a fuse go bad with out showing it being burned out?

The reason why the keypad would go is because the Mark has an "power sentry" and when it THINKS certain systems are on, it kills a bunch of em including interior lights (until you press brake pedal), keypad, etc.

If you cant see the access panel you may have an aftermarket moonroof? It should be right above the rear seat and easy to see.

Yea I am sure mine is aftermarket now Its an ASC sunroof. It is a really clean installation which made me think different. Has anyone ever had this issue where it just quit one day no lights no power fuse looks OK.

Members online

No members online now.
Back