Emissions light came on today

mjc02ls8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Today when i got in the car the "check emissions" light came on. I have an o2 v8 with only 32k. Can anyone help me with what it can be, before i go and bring it to get fixed. Could it be an o2 sensor. Any help is appreciated.

Start simple first.

Have you ensured that your gas cap is on tightly?

You've got to get your codes read. Go to autozone they'll do it for free. Not to be a jerk but it is strange how many people have posted lately saying "my check engine light came on, what could it be"? Your computer knows what the problem is, you just have to ask it....and unfortunately your pcm is not an LVC member so it's not going to see your post......

Your car is "yoiung" enough that it is probably something simple, like the gas cap or a rubber hose that got loose.

Emissions systems are warrented for I think 80000 miles or a lot of years. So your car is possibly covered under warranty for this.

So first check that your gas cap is tight. Look to see if any rubber hoses are obviously loose and then take it in to Autozone for a free code read. I think other shops and AAMCO also do this for free.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

Members online

Back