Engine Code help!

06blackls

LVC Member
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days my 06 ls has gotten the rough idle and rough acceleration that is most famously known as the coil packs. However, when i hooked my Ethos up to the car it gave me what seemed like every code other than the coil code (i can't remember the exact code for the coils... i believe its p0351, with the last number being the cylinder number. However my car threw the following codes:

P0010 - intake cam position ACT Circuit/open bank 1.
P0020 - intake cam position ACT circut open bank 2.
P0403 - EGR Circut Fault (OR Exhaust gas recirculation circut malfunction according to the OBD code sheet on this site.)

P1000 - OBDll system checks incomplete
P1397 - system voltage out of range.

I will also add that my battery has been dying very easily. I did have the battery tested and all the numbers were good and the light in the battery is still green
So clearly there is a draw somewhere. I also just changed the dccv valve about a week ago and the problem seemed to get a little worse. Anyone have any ideas on where to start? Id like to think coils, but would hate to spend the money on plugs and coils. If it does not need it. Thanks again.

It could be a wiring fault under the hood somewhere. You might start by tracing the wring back from the VCT solenoids.

I doubt you would be wasting your money changing the coils if they are the origonals. I am betting that your problem is something else like joegr said.

Over the last couple of days my 06 ls has gotten the rough idle and rough acceleration that is most famously known as the coil packs. However, when i hooked my Ethos up to the car it gave me what seemed like every code other than the coil code (i can't remember the exact code for the coils... i believe its p0351, with the last number being the cylinder number. However my car threw the following codes:

P0010 - intake cam position ACT Circuit/open bank 1.
P0020 - intake cam position ACT circut open bank 2.
P0403 - EGR Circut Fault (OR Exhaust gas recirculation circut malfunction according to the OBD code sheet on this site.)

P1000 - OBDll system checks incomplete
P1397 - system voltage out of range.

I will also add that my battery has been dying very easily. I did have the battery tested and all the numbers were good and the light in the battery is still green
So clearly there is a draw somewhere. I also just changed the dccv valve about a week ago and the problem seemed to get a little worse. Anyone have any ideas on where to start? Id like to think coils, but would hate to spend the money on plugs and coils. If it does not need it. Thanks again.

If your battery is dying it is probably time to replace it. The eye was green and the battery tested "OK" but it still had dead cells. The light only "monitors" one cell.

I did find this morning that the air box looking thing in the front of the motor had slipped off of the intake in one corner and was not sealed any longer like it should be. So i re sealed it all the way around and it runs 10 times better. With this being past the MAF, im thinking the motor was getting more air than the MAF was reading. As far as the battery, i might as well just replace it. As far as the VCT solenoid
s, is there a way to test them just to make sure?

... As far as the VCT solenoid
s, is there a way to test them just to make sure?

Two of your codes indicated a lack of continuity (open circuit) through both of your VCTs. It seems like the odds of both of them failing in this way at the same time have to be very low. Instead I would trace the wiring from both of them to a common point and see if there is a break there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back