Engine Fan Pump?

gijoe

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I started to smell an burnt oil smell to other day. So I took it in today to my local dealer. they said that the engine cooler fan pump is leaking on the exhaust manifold. They quoted $330.00 for the part, with no rebuild kit. So my question is, has anyone else had this problem, if so did you change the part, and how did it go. Thanks in advance. :feedback

Yes - sort of - I broke a feed line to the pump. the lines are stiff and the motor torque it likely the culpriut.....

the Mercon bleeds out and runs back onto the manifold and CATs.

fixing was tough - the space is very limited. you remove the splash shield, passenger wheel/lining - just to 'see' it.

It happened to my car about 2 months ago, if this is the part that I think you guys are talking about. I took it to the delearship and they also quoted me the 330 for the new part, I asked on reconstruction of where it was leaking and they told me they did not sell it, it was leaking the top part that shows on the picture so I then took out that part and send it to a local reconstruction shop down here and they fixed the pump, reconstructed the part. So then they put it back in the car and it didn't work they had to give it a little push in order for it to work, so I thought it wasn't reconstructed right, so bought another one from a local junkyard from a 2000 ls and the same thing was happening needed that extra push for it to start. So it was not possible for both not to be working so I took it somewhere else and they just changed the oil to the pump and checked the lines, and made the pump bleed and it started working by itself maybe it just needed to bleed. It was kind of hard to make it work maybe because they were not making it bleed. Hydraullic

pumpp.jpg

yep - one of the more 'over-designed' parts of the LS. in 03 they switched to a standard electric fan.

Members online

Back