Engine Powder Coating Ideas

I like good old Ford Blue. I just rattle can it thou.

166-6618_IMG.jpg

166-6619_IMG.jpg

hey nothing wrong with rattle can as long as the prep work is good and you use the correct paint. the valve covers i did up above blue is real ford blue powder from eastwood company. they have tons of regular colors, exotic colors and factory correct colors. the thing i like about the powder is it goes on much thicker than paint and man is it forgiving. it doesnt scratch and you can even drop things on it and it wont chip. thank gary for saying that too. if money grew on trees, i could make some seriously cool looking mark VIII's!!!

HPC offers hi-tech appearance coatings to make your method of rapid transit look great. HiPerCoat™ coatings are much more durable then enamel paints and powder coatings and offer excellent resistance to scratching, chipping and chemicals. Unlike powder coating, HiPerCoat colors will easily withstand temperatures of 1600° F. These coatings are especially suited for components such as valve covers, air-inlet tubes, brackets, brake calipers, suspension pieces, motorcycle and ATV frames, wheels, air cleaners and just about anything else metal. HPC's appearance coatings are available in the following colors. Some colors only available at certain locations, call for availability.

Source: Above linky. sheesh! :p

Frogman, Welcome back if your here and God Bless if your over there. Gary in Elmira, NY.

I read that :q:q:q:q... but it really doesn't tell jack :q:q:q:q except say how good their stuff is lol...

That is most DEFINATLY frogman.

suprised he did'nt tell ya to search for the answer........... lol.

Fair enough.

From my experience with them, they do excellent work. I've had headers and pistons coated by them, as well as most of my service firearms coated with a slick coating (I forgot what it's called) on contact surfaces. I can attest to the fact that they require 90% less oiling. I will have them coat valve covers and front timing cover on the next project.

Gotta keep your guns looking good.... but what color did you get done, pink?

I might have my cobra manifolds coated by them, I hate rusty exhuast parts....

I know what you mean... my friend had the upper part of his sbc motor in his camaro coated in this Teflon coating to keep oil from sticking to it and letting it get down into the pan faster....

I didn't know they would let you mess with or modify your guns...

man mike,
i miss those days in my old geerage..lots of fun projects there about time to finish another.

I know Im a little late but HPC does make some kickass products, Ive sprayed countless headers with thier coatings.

Members online

Back