entire sc 4.2 drop in?

revolutionaryconcepts

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know the discussion about bolting on a jag top end set up is long and overdrawn and not worth the money, but has anyone considered just dropping in the entire 4.2l sc engine as a unit? I can get my hands on them for about 3.5k-4.2k, with pcm and wiring. seems reasonable considering our supercharger kits for everything else run around 4-5k, just a thought

I'm in process of building a four litre AJ27 Jag engine to be used with TT to replace the 3.9 engine in my '02 LS. You can see the thread regarding this work by looking at 'Land Speed LS' in the HP section here.
KS

haha well I mean hell for 3grand I know I can make it work chances are I could use a modified version of the existing computer controls to run it too,

yes ford didnt make the ls a user friendly platform did they, as a tech from sct said, " you know those fighter jets that would just drop out of the sky if it wernt for the computer system running them?, well thats the ls with the 3.9, if it wernt for the control systems it wouldnt hardly run at all" haha, but ya I think it can be done, now that I know the ls computer can be programed to run the jag motor it makes it that much more attainable

Let me know if you need help. I have a 06 LS V8 and my brother jsut picked up a 2005 Jag Type s "R".

If you need a reference let me know, as I was thinking the same for my LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back