Exhaust sound clips

MrWilson said:
Very nice c. very nice. Killer movie too, would be awesome with a better camera, and a little elevator music. thinking something starwars.

The camera isn't the problem, when the video is compressed for windows media, it radically changes things. It makes the audio sort of tinny and it distorts the picture. But, on the plus side, it's on 1.5MB not 5GB.

And adding music makes it harder to hear the exhaust note. Which is the sole purpose of the video, helping people decide their exhaust alternatives.

But I'm glad you liked it. As I mentioned, I had the exhaust installed at lunch and I filmed that after dinner. The dark wasn't for dramatic purpose, just for timeliness.

don't these car's sound great?!?! that's why I love Mark VIII's!! these are the coolest sounding engines!! :cool: :cool: . my new vids sound too sh!tty to post check out my old one in my 0-100 vid that I brought back from the dead.

OK, against my better judgement I am going to post this vid clip of my current exhaust set-up, Motorsport coated shorty headers, DynaTech 2.5 inch high flow cats, custom 2.5 inch X-pipe,2.5 inch cat back duals with NO mufflers. the sound quality is sh!tty, but if you can listen past the distortion and such you can get an idea of the sound. please don't be hard on me about the poor sound quality. :D here's the link.... http://www.putfile.com/lincolnmark8

Calabrio said:
Just had this installed yesterday afternoon and filmed it that night.

2.5" dual exhaust from the cats back, removal of the 3rd cat and resonator, one new Dynomax Ultra Flo X.

And for context, I made a recording of the stock system right before the new system was installed.

http://media.putfile.com/1993-Mark-VIII-Dynomax-Ultra-Flo--X

Very nice.... I really like your sound and set up... You did good.

Hey Geno, I had the chance to hear your exhaust in person, and I must say that I was impressed. Although, The car that I heard it on still had cats, so it was too quiet for my taste.

MarkVIII93 said:
Hey Geno, I had the chance to hear your exhaust in person, and I must say that I was impressed. Although, The car that I heard it on still had cats, so it was too quiet for my taste.

Here is what a Mark sounds like with stock exhaust manifolds, cats (only 2), 2.5 inch true duals, and the Assassin muffs......:D

m_maker said:
What's up Mike LOL Can't post my own exhaust sound clip ?

Take care bud,

J.

THATS WHO YOU ARE!!! i saw the pics from carlisle and asked everyone whos car is that and i just kept getting told its jeremi's but no one ever said what your screen name was, i love your car, the eng/sc set up is awesome some day i would like to do the same to my 98 LSC but the money tree aint growing too good right now:D

94m5 said:
LOL, I did'nt realize you changed usernames man. Last I knew, you were MODPWR. :D
Mike

Yeah, that one got locked up a while back due to some stupid issues.
It was easier to make a new one ;) Who cares about uesernames anyway :)
Feel free to clean up this post if you deem necessary. Sounds clips only from now on !!!

http://brooklynzoo.org/96LSC/startup.wmv

That video was taken just fooling around with the camera but its actually a good demo of my exhaust mods.

Replaced the 3rd cat with an X-pipe, 2.5" pipe, down to two LMS XpansionX mufflers. It sounds really mean but rear passengers complain (screw them). There is bad drone at 1400rpms but what can ya do...

I'm gonna be replacing the mufflers with either two Magnaflow mufflers or one Magnaflow 2in/2out. I'm really waiting for someone to post a good clip of their 2in/2out.

seanklsc said:
Sounds really nice. How's it sound in the cabin?
It drones, but it sounds excellent. I like it. Once you get a lms or c&l maf, it makes cabin noise a lot more pleasurable.

I have the LMS kit (k&n, 80mm, icebox). Isn't it made by C&L anyway?

Can you describe the drone? One of the reasons I'm redoing it is to make for a more pleasurable cabin experience... I may just have to go with two Magnaflow mufflers.

seanklsc said:

Can you describe the drone? One of the reasons I'm redoing it is to make for a more pleasurable cabin experience... I may just have to go with two Magnaflow mufflers.
It seem to drone more around 1/4 throttle acceleration. And if you just tap the gas it will drone. I dont think its much of drone but more of hearing your exhaust. Rear mount mufflers would solve the drone problem.

seanklsc said:

It seem to drone more around 1/4 throttle acceleration. And if you just tap the gas it will drone. I dont think its much of drone but more of hearing your exhaust. Basically it drones during light acceleration, but its not bad. But once you start accelerating harder, you can hear the exhaust tone and the drone dissapears. .

Members online

No members online now.
Back