Exhaust Systems

PHAT RIDE

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Who makes exhaust systems for the mark VIII from the headers back? I want it in 3" Stainless. Also need some 3" high flow cats too. I can't seem to find
anybody that makes them. Maybe looking in the wrong places.

are you trying to do it in 3'' duals or single
not much room to snake 3'' dual exhaust around under a mark viii and would probably kill all of the low end
2.5'' is plenty , i'm sure geno can hook you up with something

There is no bolt-on or mail-order system like there is for the T-Bird or Stang. You'll have to go custom. 2.5 is the going size.

K*A*B said:
are you trying to do it in 3'' duals or single
not much room to snake 3'' dual exhaust around under a mark viii and would probably kill all of the low end
2.5'' is plenty , i'm sure geno can hook you up with something

I was gonna say the same as K*A*B... 3" won't fit man... Hard enough getting 2.5" to snake through nicely... Call Geno @ LMS :Beer

evillally said:
There is no bolt-on or mail-order system like there is for the T-Bird or Stang.QUOTE]

Actually, there is. I got mine pipes from Dan Rotolante. 2.5" mandrel bent in stainless steel.

Jamler3 said:
I was gonna say the same as K*A*B... 3" won't fit man... Hard enough getting 2.5" to snake through nicely... Call Geno @ LMS :Beer

You can get 3" pipe for the lincoln just have to make it fit between the heat shied for the gas tank, I believe you need to cut some or bend it, the heat shied that is

when i did mine i was going to do it in a 4'' single oval tubing , but i was to impatient to wait for the material to come in

I had dual 3 inch on my car.Yes it was tight, but my exhaust guy is very good at what he does.

crash said:
evillally said:
There is no bolt-on or mail-order system like there is for the T-Bird or Stang.QUOTE]

Actually, there is. I got mine pipes from Dan Rotolante. 2.5" mandrel bent in stainless steel.

Really? I'll have to look into that. Who is Dan Rotolante? Cost, and any photos?

Lincolnpimpin said:
How much does that run, and is it only done in NJ.

You will not see 1 hp difference from mandrel bending vs chuck bending unless your making serious hp, all that extra money for the mandrel bent piping I would put into my car's performance insted of throwing it into the tubes.

Also 2.5 inch is ideal for this car, we have tried in the past when we were R&D on the Mark VIII exhausts, 2.25, 2.5 and 3.0. 3.0 on a stock Mark with ALL bolt on's actually LOST hp and torque. There isn't enough engine to fill that size piping.

The mufflers are on sale all summer for $119.00 each all ss and lifetime warranty and the xx used to be $269.00 and is now $99.00.

This is the most tried and proven system for the Mark VIII you can get. Guaranteed mpg and performance. Over 400 systems installed and even more shipped.

Anyone can run the piping and install the system, it does not have to be done in NJ.

Well I live South Dakota were would you recomend a exaustpros Midas and I'll probly order some as soon as I get Few things paid for.

Just print this out and take that to shops for estimates.

qx4new.jpg

Hey guys,

Sorry to be a bother but just wondering how much would a system like the one in the above pic go for??? Approximately....I would like to get the entire system from headers to muffler. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Well you have $119.00 into the lifetime warrantied ss mufflers that are mirror chrome polished and include tips, then $99.00 into the xx pipe, then installation.

ONEBADMK8 said:
Well you have $119.00 into the lifetime warrantied ss mufflers that are mirror chrome polished and include tips, then $99.00 into the xx pipe, then installation.

so, its only $218 for parts?....what about labor?

Watch out for Midas, They are the Wallmart of muffler shop. They where replacing a cracked donut , they shoved the old one into the Pipe, a real shop found it when I had to have it fixed again.

Why don't you goto a local muffler shop. that what I did , I spend about $500 I got 2in2out cat. new 2.5 pipe back to new mufflers.

Midas suck man...I know how they are my buddy took in his car and $850 CAN later he walked out with new brakes....thats it brakes. Thats crazy man....i feel for u bro.

ONEBADMK8...thank u so much for getting back to me so fast...I am interested in ordering them so I will contact u by PM when I am ready. Thanks again bro.

ONEBADMK8 said:
Its $119.00 each muffler then $99.00 for the twinn xx pipe.

Total in parts: $337.00.

...and labor est?

Members online

Back