Exhaust

ohioLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am currently having my LS lowered and adding Portfield brake pads and custom slotted rotors to my ride. Well needless to say yesterday I was driving and noticed this sound coming from what I hope is the exhaust system. So with that said I went looking for a Borla catback system and it doesnt exsit so what should I get?? I am looking for stainless steel system. I also want to cut out the resonators and add a X pipe to it. Any help would be awesome.

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
I am currently having my LS lowered and adding Portfield brake pads and custom slotted rotors to my ride. Well needless to say yesterday I was driving and noticed this sound coming from what I hope is the exhaust system. So with that said I went looking for a Borla catback system and it doesnt exsit so what should I get?? I am looking for stainless steel system. I also want to cut out the resonators and add a X pipe to it. Any help would be awesome.

-Scott-

Scott,

Of all of the numerous posts regarding exhaust systems for our cars, the one which made the most sense to me was the guy who took his car to a local muffler shop, got mandrel bent pipes made there, bought his choice of performance mufflers, and replaced the resonators with a Magnaflow x pipe. The muffler shop installed it all and it cost him $292.00 total. When my rotors go bad, I'll give you a shout about buying some of your slotted ones. I can even pick 'em up as Im just down in Clayton close to 40/49. Good luck with your springs project.

answer to your exhaust ?

[]
borla does make one, its pn#14869. Also magnaflow has a better kit which includes true x pipes. dyno gains were @21hp. true dyno.part #15710 @ $899. Both of these kits are only for ls's w no rear exits for tips :L

Here's the Borla kit. clicky

You can find places on the web that sell the Magnaflow kit for $650 with free shipping.

Members online

Back