Factory 6 disc acting odd (Clipping or Skipping)

tylers65

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem?

After I drive for about an hour, the CD player started "skipping" for a lack of better words. It does it every day as I am almost home from work and will not stop no matter what I do or what CD is playing in it.

I like the factory set up and was perfectly content with it. Looks like my Alpine from my last car is going in. It was only in use in the last car for 3 months so it is as good as new to me.

So have any of you had this issue?

Last edited:
i am starting to get some skipping latley but it only comes around every once and a while i thinks its the read head on the changer. Me and you might just need a new one. I either will buy a new factory or better 6 disc changer or wait till i get a TV then put a new disc changer in there. either way im not getting it fixed for $200 or so when i could buy a prefectly bran new one what warrenty for about a little less than that.

I used to have the same exact problem with my cd player however, it stopped out of nowhere one day and haven't had a problem since.

I have the same problem with my cd in-dash player on my 2000 LS. Tracks skip especially when it's cold. The dealer has replaced the cd player twice when it was under warranty and the same problem keeps cropping up now that it's off warranty. Considering I only have 50,000 km (approx 30,000 miles) on the car, it has had an unusually high number of issues with it... I still love its looks though.

Looks like my next step is to just toss it in the round file then...

Good thing I have a spare (aftermarket) Alpine laying around.

Now if only the dash kit for the LS wasn't so fugly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back