Fast Baggin the Mark VIII

Why have it that dark - cause he can!!! heheh ;) and the MI law pretty much is ok with everything, and if not, they accept a Dr's justification.

PIMP - Nice job!!! how long did the install take you - can I move into your garage!?!

I'm like you, the slow rise/lower is sweet!!! A few little things I gotta let you know about before you go down the road in your hot Mark! The wheels are going the wrong direction...(sorry) and the trunk adjusters need cranked out a little your lid is sinkin...Im sure you were plannin on straighten these things up before you hit the road to show the world that a Mark VIII is the 5hit!

Wow...nice work, no kidding about moving in either!!! Oh and I want a few hottie pics in the Guys thread too (url in my sig.)

Are you going to be attending the MI MarkVIII meet?!? Sure would like to see all that wiring in action!
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=32739&goto=newpost

Also, how hard is it to get that back felt deckcover off???....I'd give anything to get that brakelight windshield portion clean, (oh it kills me!!!).

SMOOCHES!!!
MsM8

Nice setup!

Yes, please bring it to the MI meet!

I'd love to see it too, as would the other 20+ Mark VIII owners that will be there.

Haha, love this thread. Why tint the whole windshield?? Yes, because I can. It completes the look IMO. I get pulled over regularly for tint, & usually just tell the cop that tint is my biz, & hand him/her a card. I tell em if they ever want their windows tinted to give me a call & I'll give em a great deal if they don't write a ticket. Usually they just run me in LEIN & see I'm clear & let me go. IF they write the ticket, it's usually a "Fix-It-Ticket", where it's a waivable offense, and if you can proove the tint was removed, they throw the ticket out. Well, I just write myself a receipt for having the tint removed, and.....well... you know. ;) Another one bites the dust. I've had prolly 50 tickets in the past 5 years for tint. I get pulled over AT LEAST ONCE a week.

MsM8tress: Sure, you can move into my garage! Hell, you can move in period! ;) Thats not a joke either! Plenty of room here, it's just me & the puppies!
The install took about 12 hours total. TOTAL price for aftermarket air is about $500...give or take, depending on what components you choose to purchase. I have used this site: http://suicidedoors.com/ for years now, and IMO they are THE BEST guys to buy air setups from. Pricing is the best too! You'll need a tank, compressor, a relay, 8 valves, tons of fittings, airline, wire, and a switchbox of some sort. ALL of the things you need are available on that site! Check it out, it's sweet!

I am aware some of the body lines are not straight yet. I have lots of adjusting to do still. I like the wheels in that direction, I actually turned them so that they were backwards, just so it looks different! :) Do you like them that way?

The back decklid is easy to get off, really. Yank out the rear seat bottom, then take out the 2 bolts holding the rear seat upper piece in, and lift it upwards^^^, it unhooks from the decklid. Then just pop out the plastic christmas tree fastners, and pull! Outie comes the decklid! There is only ONE screw holding in the brakelight. Right in the middle. You can ACTUALLY get to this screw FROM the trunk! It's inbetween the bulbs.

I will try my best to get to the MI Mark VIII meet! I gotta find out where it is, & schedule it in! I'll take a few pics soon & post em in your "Hottie Thread", no problem! Do you got :GotPics:

Where do I put my luggage? I don't! I have plenty of room for groceries, but I don't travel much, & if I did, I would just buy all new stuff wherever I was goin! :dancefool

I'll try to get everything lookin better soon, & shoot a video. I gotta wheel this baby out, & get some nice wheels!

Hi Pimp,

I tried to get at that back hole a million different ways, I will take another look to see if I can locate the screw.

Yeah figured as much with the wheels ;) lol , smacking it or biting it, just not both on the same side!!!

Looking forward to pics and seein ya at the meet!

Smooches
MsM*

Hi Doc ;) love your avatar!

BILL! - sorry didn't mean to step on your meettoes!

You didn't step on any toes Debi. I'm glad you brought it up.:)

I was so interested in reading about the fast bags, I didn't notice he was a Michigan member.:slam

Here's a few pics of it laid out in the driveway at home... The front grille is misiing, so until I get one, I won't post a pic of the front, lol...

010-4.jpg

011-1.jpg

haha, so i went to matt's (pimp) to get my windows tinted, and to my surprise i hear a lot of air as we r both parking, i look back and its slammed :eek: , its so nice, my car looked huge compared to his, thanks for doin the tint man, and where r the videos? cya saturday

*edit* after he tinted my windows we went for ride in each others cars, that "fast" bag setup is so fun, i want one

Yo! I SHOULDA had You shoot the video while you were here! I haven't had time to get any of my friends over here to shoot it, been too bust tinting! I must agree, most Mark's look like they're 4-Wheelin... to me. I'm just too used to layin low. But, my ride is "rough" around the edges... she needs LOTSA work, body & otherwise. Sure is fin "Hittin Switches" when we're drivin past the ladies tho! Haha!

Thanks again for havin me tint your ride, what a pleasure! Thats a REALLY nice Mark VIII you have! ;)

yea u shoulda had me tape it, im sure ur garage put out enough light, well im sure u could find someone over the next two days to tape it

thanks for the complement man, i love it already, cant wait till daylight comes tomorrow, thanks again for doin it

Do you think 24 - Flourescent 40Watt bulbs, 4 - 150Watt Incandescent bulbs, & a 500Watt Halogen would have been enuf light? Lol, j/k. Damn garage lights up the whole neighborhood at night, you outghta see the electric meter $PIN when I have all those lights on, & the heat gun on High!

Matt ..
It was nice to meet you ... Your car suspension is WILD !! It is worth fixing :D

Debi ,My wife thought you were funny ....:eek: :eek:
She said it was nice to meet you.:cool: :cool:

Jbird97, nice to meet you too Your car looks great !!!!!

Hey Matt, I've got a couple short, low res mpg's of your car that I took at the meet. I can email them to you if you want. I don't know how to post them here.

just a question from curiosity. the tank has 4 outlets, so why wouldn't you attach all the valves in the trunk out of weathers way? i set up a 53 pontiac on air and had all 8 valves directly off the tank. all wiring and connections are then in 1 place. just seems easier to run 4 seperate lines from 1 place than wiring and manifolding at each corner of the car. less fittings as well.

I have had fast bagged vehicles in the past. I have had both setups, ones with all the valves right off the tank, and valves near the bags. My theory is this, with the valves close to the bag, even though they are subject to weather (they are designed to be anyways) the tubing acts as extra air volume to store. There is also less volume to fill when I want to fill a bag, essentially more storage, and less waste. This decreases my compressor duty cycle as well. (It has a 100% duty cycle, but why run it 100% if I don't have to?) Cost was not the issue with this setup, I didn't mind using extra fittings.

Here's a new link to a beter quality video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jga76crl0oU

Pimp- Nice job I wish I had gotten a movie of your car at the meet. As it was the few feet I did shoot were crap. I need an assistant on the next meet. Looking forward to seeing you at the next one.

Your air ride turned out nice! The car looks awesome! Too bad all you guys live back east! I have a compressor & tank on my Mark as well but not for the bags, It's for the air horns!

The Marks look good slamed, I just think the front should go down lower than the rear. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

i meant more along the lines of less plastic pipe fittings = less possible places for leaks. this is my plumbing set up on a 53 pontiac. it's a long term project car where i work. nice ride you got. on your tank, you only had 2 lines. that means you have the 2 bags for each side manifolded from 1 line/side from the tank? i've only done a couple of these and am trying to find the best way. i just found all valves together simplified wiring also.

100_0685a.jpg

100_0686a.jpg

100_0684a.jpg

100_0683a.jpg

Modified Air suspension

:runaway: Man you must have money to burn! I put coil springs on my '98 & it runs great!:D I paid $410 for the whole set from suspension alternatives.com (a side website for Strutmasters) & my father & I installed them in a few hours. First I ordered the front for $270 & then the rear for $140 a couple of weeks later. I couldn't afford the dealer's prices & everyone was out of the struts over the internet. :Bang

Members online

No members online now.
Back