Finally got one

djrudebwoy

LVC Member
Reaction score
After 11 months of searching for an LS that met my taste, I finally found it. I was fortunate to find a grand total of 1 a few weeks back, but it was missing a sunroof. Last weekend I was doing my daily routine of flipping through the new issues of automart and browsing the autotraders and kijiji websites and there it was! With no hesitation I picked up the phone and booked an appointment to go view it. I viewed it yesterday, good Friday. it's now 9 am Saturday morning, and I'm about to go withdraw the cash and take my FIRST car home.

I'll take a picture of it when I see it today. It's an '02 black exterior, black interior, v8 with a sunroof and chrome trim on the bumper. Unfortunatley it has 139 KM on it, but it was lady driven and regularly maintained by the dealer from day 1. Fortunatley for me, most of the things that can go wrong with the vehicle has already gone wrong and she took care of it with reciepts for proof. That includes the coils, plugs, some sensors and a brand new front end.

Atleast now I'll be rolling up to my meetings in a luxury sedan instead of an economy class 1.6 el.

Only thing I'm going to do to the car for now is tint 20 and put in a massive sound system.

Can't wait :D

Sweeeet...I wish my LS had the black interior, but I am about to get the interior re-done anyways so oh well. Post pics!!

Nice. I almost asked if you have bought an lse but then you siad chrome on the bumpers.PICS PICS

Pictures does not do this car justice. When I brought it home last night, I was almost tempted to sleep in it lol. Anyways I still got to wash it, clay it, and polish it before I get someone to take some better pictures for me. Already starting to prepare for the sound system.

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

nice ls, you should take the chrome off the bumpers and get an lse grille :shifty:

Nice ride apart from those rims. Grats! :p

Lol. +1 on the rims.

Looks good.Congrats on the buy

Thanks everyone. I also agree that the rims got to go. But for now, 150+ spl first. At first I thought it was cool that the battery was at the back so that I wouldn't have to have long runs of 1/0, but now that I think about it, I now have to run even more 1/0 from front to back! Can someone show me a post to look at for guidence on this?

Thanks everyone. I also agree that the rims got to go. But for now, 150+ spl first. At first I thought it was cool that the battery was at the back so that I wouldn't have to have long runs of 1/0, but now that I think about it, I now have to run even more 1/0 from front to back! Can someone show me a post to look at for guidence on this?
Why would you need to run even more 1/0?

hmm ok i'll just admit i don't know what that is and ask...what does he mean by 150+ spl?

2 - 1/0 from altenator to positive. If I go with what I originally planned of two altenators, I'd probably be running 3 or 4 1/0 from front to back. 150 spl refers to how loud the sound is in db. Ofcourse you've got to take into account the distance at which the sound is measured at. 130 db is where your ears start hurting, 140 db is a jet engine at 10 feet.

2 - 1/0 from altenator to positive. If I go with what I originally planned of two altenators, I'd probably be running 3 or 4 1/0 from front to back. 150 spl refers to how loud the sound is in db. Ofcourse you've got to take into account the distance at which the sound is measured at. 130 db is where your ears start hurting, 140 db is a jet engine at 10 feet.

Ah ok. yeah i haven't gotten into the technical part of sound systems too much. i just like it loud lol. JL is usually overpriced but i picked my W7 up really cheap with a professionally built box and i have wanted one for a while so i couldn't pass it up :)

two alts huh, if your gonna go through the trouble of fab'ing a custom bracket for a second one , why not just ditch the first and put one big monster 300amp+ on it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back