first day at the shop

burning.empire

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got out of the shop, they changed the sway bar bushings, entire left front wheel hub and I think both front bearings, and they are going to check the ball joints tomorrow. I think ill have to rob the liquor store again for cash.

After all that, I still get that excessive thudding noise in the front end with the occasional creaking. We'll see how it goes, and for now I gotta find my ski mask.

I just got out of the shop, they changed the sway bar bushings, entire left front wheel hub and I think both front bearings, and they are going to check the ball joints tomorrow. I think ill have to rob the liquor store again for cash.

After all that, I still get that excessive thudding noise in the front end with the occasional creaking. We'll see how it goes, and for now I gotta find my ski mask.

These are all things I need to do to my "new to me" LS, I cant even drive mine with one hand on the freeway, the bump steer is crazy and the "thud" drives me nuts..good luck with it and let us know how your bank withdraw goes...I am waiting till payday;)

sorry to hear about your troubles burning. i just replaced my sway bar bushings and it fixed the thudding fortunately for me. i replaced suspension stabilizer bar links before the bushings and it didnt fix the sound, but maybe something to look into.

It was good to get in there and change out all the worn out suspension parts.

The ABS and advanctrac lights are now off, I can actually take a turn at 40mph and have the sway bar do its job well. I learned that my steering wheel has a fake airbag (haha)

The noise is most likely your stabilizer bar links. I replaced my stabilizer bar bushings on my '00 and still had the noise. Then I replaced the links and the noise was gone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back