Fit?

JPsBored

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking to get new Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S but only have the 235/45/17

Will these fit my 2000 Sport V8?

If so what will be the difference between those and stock 235/50/17?

They'll fit, but the sidewall will be shorter, so you'll have a rougher ride, and your speedo will be off (it'll read higher than you're actually going). The speedo can be recalibrated; how much rougher the ride will be, and whether or not you'll like it, is another question entirely.

do they have 245/45? that would bring the sidewall back pretty close to stock and be a little bit wider. I think that would be the best compromise if you can get them.

Tires

beaups said:
do they have 245/45? that would bring the sidewall back pretty close to stock and be a little bit wider. I think that would be the best compromise if you can get them.

Thanks for the help, I much rather keep the ride way it is,,lol sport isnt that soft as it is,,lol

245/45 sounds nice, lil wider would be cool,, protect wheels lil better from those damn curbs,,lol

maybe 235/45 on front,, and 245/45 on back? think that would keep the ride pretty close to stock? look lil better too

then your tires would be diff heights and would possibly freak out the traction control system.

how about Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 245/50ZR-17 99W DIR
anyone know if this tire will fit the 02 v8 LSE?

245's will be 1 cm wider than stock. shouldn't be much of an issue fitting. HOWEVER, a 245/50 is TALLER than a 235/50 (albeit slightly). So, your speedo will be slightly off and you'll have a slightly taller tire.

what is the widest tire the 17 inch rims will hold width wise? any ideas?

I had 255/45/17s when I had my 17s on. Fits perfectly.

lux1203 said:

lux1203 said:

I have 255/45/17's on my car now. Check my photo garage. They look pretty mean in person compared to the skinny 235/50's.

My 02 and my 04 in the photo garage both have the 255/45's on the stock rims.

Members online

No members online now.
Back