Flooded Engine

Bigboi2005

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys....Just wanna say I'm a Long Time Viewer...First time poster.

Now getting to my problem. I believe I flooded my engine. These are the series of events.....

Was changing my oil on Thurs., had a hard time removing my oil filter. (only b/c I was turning the the filter the wrong way :slam) but I didn't figure is out till later....but it get's better. So I decided to take the car to a oil change shop to have the filter removed, bad decesion b/c later I found out the filter was cracked from me trying to remove..so I leaking oil like crazy and the car stops on me..had the car towed back to the house and then realized I was tighting the filter instead of loosening..was able to add new filter..added more oil..started her up and then she died again...kept cranking until she would crank anymore also stepping on gas like an idiot in fustration..

I researched this site...changed the cam and crank sensor...no help..changed fuel relay..no help..pulled plugs and they had carbon deposit all over them and reaked of gas..so now I leaning towards the engine is flooded..Is there anything I can do b/4 tow it too the shop?????

the old days of carbed vehicles, you pulled the plugs and cranked it over to empty out the cyls..
if nothing else, pull the plugs and let it sit for a long while, the gas will evaporate...

bad news is posible that u have a biger problem, if u run the engine whit out any oil,
is posible that the metals in the rods are worn out, chec if u can turn the engine whit out plugs by hand, if the motor dosent turn dont try to start the engine u only going to make more damege.

robcobra said:
bad news is posible that u have a biger problem, if u run the engine whit out any oil,
is posible that the metals in the rods are worn out, chec if u can turn the engine whit out plugs by hand, if the motor dosent turn dont try to start the engine u only going to make more damege.
How do turn the engine manually??

Members online

No members online now.
Back