For all the system freaks........

JattGary

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I blew my 12" L7 looking for new subs

Which subs (set-up) would you recommend....

12" Kicker L7 (one sub) or Kicker Dual 12" Sub (DCVR12)

Which would be better for the LS since they both have good reviews?

i'd go with solobaric unless u are tryn to have 2 of the circle kickers. my suggestions are going for loudness. my friend had 3 12'' kicker comps with a redline amp and it waslouder than one of my boys 2 12'' l7's i think it was the redline amp though that thing is nasty

the q is a great sub. Also i can get you a deal for a limited time on stereo integrity magnums, which are said to be some of the greatest subs ever made. Also check out the fi ssd. They have a little bit more sq then the q does, but they wont get quite as loud.

Those are all good recommendations. But if you want value I hear that those kickers are nice as well. I can't wait to get my RE MT 12" with 3,000w rms running to it in :D

I do Custom Stereo Installations and i would recommend going with the Kicker L7 Solobaric in a 3.0 cubic foot vented box. I am sure you will be very pleased with that setup. Kicker also has a mono class D amp rated at 1200 watts that will power 2 L7's and still have power left over. another option is the new Solo X 12" .

streetwise83 said:
I do Custom Stereo Installations and i would recommend going with the Kicker L7 Solobaric in a 3.0 cubic foot vented box. I am sure you will be very pleased with that setup. Kicker also has a mono class D amp rated at 1200 watts that will power 2 L7's and still have power left over. another option is the new Solo X 12" .

Unless you are gonna have AT LEAST 2,000w rms I wouldn't recommend the Solo X though... With 1200 or so you would be far better off with a couple of L5's or 1 L7... What do you think he should tune the box to? 35 ish? I don't have much experience with L7's...

Since the LS is a trunk car. It not too easy to get it to sound LOUD + good. that why i say ! 15 maximum or 2-3 12's.

check out the FI BTL

with the btl, any amp you use is going to need a ho alt and a big 3 upgrade, which can get expensive in an ls, so dont expect to jsut get the subs and the amp, your gonna need another $500 for electrical upgrades, at least $500 that is

I'm running a single 12" JL w7 with the JL 1000 watt class D monoblock amp. I upgraded from a pair of 12" JL w3's and a 500 watt JL amp. Everyone was telling me I only needed one of these and it would blow the old set up away. They couldn't be any more right. This set-up not only delivers accurate and crisp bass, but its also turned up to only about 2/5's of its power and its louder than any other system I've ever heard. Its a bit pricy but well worth it in my book. I got the sub, amp, and box, for a little under $2000. Not to mention all the other junk I had to buy to get it working good. Look around and always remember, when it comes to stereo products its not just a brand your buying, but rather quality. One of the only markets that you get what you pay for. Go big, go loud, or just don't go at all

Stinkin Linkin said:
I'm running a single 12" JL w7 with the JL 1000 watt class D monoblock amp. I upgraded from a pair of 12" JL w3's and a 500 watt JL amp. Everyone was telling me I only needed one of these and it would blow the old set up away. They couldn't be any more right. This set-up not only delivers accurate and crisp bass, but its also turned up to only about 2/5's of its power and its louder than any other system I've ever heard. Its a bit pricy but well worth it in my book. I got the sub, amp, and box, for a little under $2000. Not to mention all the other junk I had to buy to get it working good. Look around and always remember, when it comes to stereo products its not just a brand your buying, but rather quality. One of the only markets that you get what you pay for. Go big, go loud, or just don't go at all

Jl are quality but not for the price.

also a BTL with 2000 rms does NOT require an electrical upgrade. Just a yellow top. If you are running more than that then upgrade.

I had 2 xxx 18's and it was not an overall good lowend system. Only reached 145 decibals, but it was on music.

I am now thinking on doing one BTL 15 or one re mx 12?

wow, two 18's thats sick. I wish i never used my trunk, then maybe i could fit em. How much room did they take up any way?. Ive seen a single 18" enclosure and thats no joke

I'm thinking of moving up from my 2 JLW3V2D4's to 2 15" subs i dont know which brand right now. but so far i have been looking at the Power Reference Series 15" to put in my 2000 Continental i even saw some 15" Diamond Audios. hhmmm what do you think..

145? you probably didnt have enough air space in the box for 2 18's, or you didnt have enough power, regardless of music or not i wouls have expected louder then that, but then again the ls trunk is a coffin

stincolnlincoln you should get 2 15inch kicker solobarics. i have one and really want another plus i saw someone on here with 2 and its ridiculous.

eastcoast27959 said:
stincolnlincoln you should get 2 15inch kicker solobarics. i have one and really want another plus i saw someone on here with 2 and its ridiculous.

Jesus what kind of amp is that

I jast said what the hell I'll put 2 l7's 15 in the car. The system has changed a little bit since but still the same amp and subs. I'll get pics of it soon. the cvr's don't "hit" as hard. If you put the right amount to the l7 you have a great sub.

If I can't have this in my LS, then nothing else will do. Just kidding. This was sent to me the other day and I thought all the "system freaks" might get a good chuckle, or arousal.;)

Speaker car.jpg

Yeah, but it is still a saturn anyway you slice it.

buddyleee5 said:
145? you probably didnt have enough air space in the box for 2 18's, or you didnt have enough power, regardless of music or not i wouls have expected louder then that, but then again the ls trunk is a coffin

yea, 145 on the low notes, is hard, it was a daily enclosure. i really expect a 147 or a 148

But i think I can be just as loud as my 2 18's with one 12. i was chocking the subs sure.

My ls is a mess right now, a complete mess. You guys would be angry at me. Trunk stripped to bare metal, wire every where. speaker all pulled on the inside, front dahs opened up.

It will get fixed though

Members online

Back