Ford ESP warranty

$8.88.. Not 800/mile.. :p

24000 miles divided by $2700 equals 8.8 miles per dollar. not dollars per mile. ;)

I know.. That's why I said $8.88.. LS4ME said 800/mile.. ;)

ohh i see. too many numbers being thrown around. :p

edit:
wait. no. you still aren't right.

you say dollars per mile.
i say miles per dollar.

WHATEVER!!! :p

I'm tired at the moment! I just worked my ace off putting up 3 phase banks.. lol

You are right now that I look at it..

Yea, yea, yea...... Miss one (or 2) decimal points and you guys are all over me :p My only excuse is I was rushing to get ready for work.

IMHO, $.75 per mile is steep. Like I said earlier, I would put that money in an account and draw it out as needed. Besides, haven't you already taken care of most issues? That would be buying a warranty on things that have already been replaced.

Yea, yea, yea...... Miss one (or 2) decimal points and you guys are all over me :p My only excuse is I was rushing to get ready for work.

IMHO, $.75 per mile is steep. Like I said earlier, I would put that money in an account and draw it out as needed. Besides, haven't you already taken care of most issues? That would be buying a warranty on things that have already been replaced.

not too mention that your still covered for the most common of all problems, VGC's and coils.

0.11/mile.. HAPPY!! :lol:

Yea, yea, yea...... Miss one (or 2) decimal points and you guys are all over me :p

Agreed.. Sounds like all the major crap is taken care of..

And DAMN IT ALL! It's .11 per mile!! :bowrofl: :joke

I don't know if it is a lottery win or not...but it has worked out. I am not a mechanic; so working on the car outside of installing a CAI is not happening.
Anyway...I understand this time around if I purchase the warranty it might not work out in my favor being 1 year shorter than the last warranty. Points to ponder.

your not a mechanic...and you were going to tackle installing a remote turbo system on your car...hmmm

I normally agree with NOT getting an extended warranty, but I talked to one of my friends who has worked in Ford and Lincoln dealerships as a mechanic for over 25 years before I bought the '06 (and he owned an '05 LS at the time).

He said that the Gen 2's were engineered a lot better than the Gen 1's with each year improving upon the previous. However, when things go wrong they are expensive to fix if you can't do it yourself (and sometimes expensive just for the parts if you are doing it yourself). He's an ASE mechanic and he said that HE even gets the extended warranty on his vehicles, and did so on the LS because it will pay for itself - but only the Ford ESP program. He said the others will do what others have already posted.

I didn't buy the warranty initially when I bought the '06, but I had an opportunity to go back and get it before the factory warranty expired. They offered me the full extended warranty for $1066 for another 2 years/24k miles when I was buying the car. When I went back to buy it several months later, I was able to get it for $866.00 for the same coverage.

The only thing I had go wrong with the car while it was under factory warranty was the passenger seat motor. However, at 41k (I kid you not) the power steering pump started leaking. $973 for that job. I might have been able to rant to get it covered by the dealership being so close to the factory warranty's end, but I didn't have to. Then, at 43,200, I started hearing a humming noise from the right rear of the car. I suspected rear wheel bearing, and I was right. $826 to replace the hub.

So, for me, it ended up being worth it to get the warranty. I still have more than a year of the extended coverage left. While I'm hoping that there won't be anything else, I do know that going with it has paid for itself. I would have done the hub myself, but don't know if I would have tried to tackle the pump replacement. Service manual details it as an 11 hour job for a certified mechanic. I've fixed cars a good portion of my life, but some things are getting more difficult without access to a lift or specialized tools anymore.

I bought the ESP for my Aviator, and it has paid for itself twice and then some, they replaced my torque converter, power steering pump, the internal part for the gear selector (dont know the specific name) Coils, I am sure they didnt have to tdo everything, but it was covered under warranty so what the hell? They also provided a free rental every time, one time it was a brand new MKX, less the 20 miles.

Tru why weren't your repairs covered under the factory warranty? You were under 50K miles, or was it past the four year mark?

Yep, was past the 4 year mark. They go by the "in-service" date for the car (which I think was the date the car was first purchased) - which for mine was 2/2006. So, factory warranty ended at 2/2010 and my extended coverage was from 2/2010 through 2/2012. I was off in the math on my previous post. I have slightly less than a year left on the extended coverage.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back