Found my Coolant Leak!

jolinc01

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been chasing a overheating/coolant week for 2 weeks now. I've been overheating when not using climate control, and haven't seen anything. I've checked it while hot and found nothing. The other day I noticed water spots on my intake tube so it gave me an idea. Well this morning the temp spiked, so I went home and took the engine cover off. To my surprise there was coolant everywhere! The t-stat housing is shot. Yippie time for the aluminum replacement housing. I guess it finally broke loose. Here's what the underside of the engine cover looked like.

Photo174.gif

LOL....first thing i would replace is the t-stat and the housing, then the degas then everything else.

The t-stat and housing are being replaced. I'm going to try the Jaguar aluminum housing. The degas is OEM and under 2 years old and not leaking, yet.

Have you checked the water pump? When mine went it sprayed coolant all over the front of the engine, including the intake tubes and engine cover. The shop I took it to misdiagnosed it because it wouldn't leak when they did a pressure test, it only leaked when the engine was running and the pump was spinning.

black its not the cap. its spraying fluid all over the underside of the engine cover.
vt I have not checked the water pump but I will later today. thanks for the heads up.

Yeah i know just always good to make sure the cap seals correctly as that cause cause you to have air in the system.

Members online

No members online now.
Back