Fuel mileage V8/V6 LS

I've got a 2004 LS6 and it says right on the cap to use 91+, so I don't know what the dealer was talking about.

gray1g said:
What's the difference between d5 and d4?

you missed my point, both of us (my wife and myself) drive with the trans in selectashift mode all the time.

So what ever logic or lack of it there is in the ford pcm for controlling the transmission, we override it as much as possible.

I don't suppose anyone here is parting out a manual trans ls sport???
I need some parts that none of the recyclers seem to be able to find.

JES_LS said:
what?
my 02 is a V6 and it takes premium gas. I already posted my mileages.

That's really odd- talked with a second different dealer today, and he said that the V-6 takes regular, and premium is recommended for the V-8.

..and while im on the subject. you should never believe those damn dealers anyway they dont even know how to market the stupid car...I know more about the car than any dealer i ever talked too

stateproperty3423 said:
..and while im on the subject. you should never believe those damn dealers anyway they dont even know how to market the stupid car...I know more about the car than any dealer i ever talked too
Between that and no adverstising for the LS that's why you won't see see an LS after 2007.

captainalias said:
That's really odd- talked with a second different dealer today, and he said that the V-6 takes regular, and premium is recommended for the V-8.
then you should go back and tell him to read one of the owners manual's in the car sales jacket.

I hate it when salemen and managers don't know so they make up stuff.

Are these miles per Galon with the AC on? I just bought a 2000 stick and got 290 on my 1st tank of gas.

V6 fuel

the ls V6 has 10.5 compression. it has more horsepower than the fords. it needs 91+ fuel

Krib-Master said:
I have a 2005 V8 and get 13 mpg city and havn't even been on the expressway yet.
Gee-whiz Krib-Master my Navigator gets that. Is yours boke-in yet?

After about 20,000 miles, my average city/highway usually runs about 23.5. Mostly city gets me 21.something and all highway about 24.9. Highway speed 85+. Not nearly as good as Corvette (31.9), but pretty good considering the aerodynamics and overall package. Always run 92 octane or higher.

1965cobra427 said:
After about 20,000 miles, my average city/highway usually runs about 23.5. Mostly city gets me 21.something and all highway about 24.9. Highway speed 85+. Not nearly as good as Corvette (31.9), but pretty good considering the aerodynamics and overall package. Always run 92 octane or higher.
V6 or V8 ?

Hawk03 said:
I usually get about 27 on the interstate by myself on long trips and 20 in the city. I recently went on a 4 hour trip to Milwaukee this weekend with five people in my car and a trunk full of luggage. I got about 24-25 on the way up and back which I didn't think was too bad.

:iconcur:

'05 LS V6 w/3000 miles on the clock.
19 around town/24 hiway.
only use premium gas, usually 93 octane.
$2.45 a gallon. Gas is cheap.

Members online

Back