Full Throttle Question

tyhackman15

LVC Member
Reaction score
So tonight i was driving on a country road and playing with my scanguage II, so out of curiosity i put it on TPS (throttle position sensor)

Came up to a stop sign, threw it in SST and gunned it. Never showed over 75?! :confused: Is the damn electric throttle that bad that you cannot go 100% throttle?

Oh, and it's a 2005 LS V8 sport.

Thanks,

Tyler

Maybe you could take off your intake and have a friend watch the throttle while you floor it, although I'm not sure if it will open fully in park/neutral.

Maybe you could take off your intake and have a friend watch the throttle while you floor it, although I'm not sure if it will open fully in park/neutral.

3K rev limiter, shuts down the fuel.

I went WOT real quick in my car last night and the ScanGauge showed 76 for the TPS. Couldn't keep on it because it wasn't a very long street, so.....that's my story.

Part of the reason Ill never own a car that has that, as long as I can help it. Ill trust the job of accelerating to my foot and my foot only.

Part of the reason Ill never own a car that has that, as long as I can help it. Ill trust the job of accelerating to my foot and my foot only.

My 06 F150 has it. It is definately not the same as having a throttle cable.

Probably a emission thing.

Cut a hole in your floor so the pedal can go down farther... :lol:

Must have been another one of Fords tactics, making the LS limited in power so it doesnt beat their sport car, The Mustang. HEHE!!

I was thinking rigging up some nice fishing line from my pedal to the throttle body.... bingo, direct connect throttle!! hahaha

What about those guys who run N2O? Don't they have to have WOT (TPS=100%) in order to activate the bottle? I know there are gen2 N2O guys on here.

Someone with a Gen 1 should open up the intake an manually pull the throttle cable to observe how far the throttle actually opens up (with the car off). Possibly the TPS just gives incorrect numbers. I'd volunteer, but I have a fantasy football draft tonight. That may not tell us much other than revealing if there is a physical stop before WOT. As for Gen 2 guys, I don't know if it will reveal anything.

The scangauge manual says that on some cars full throttle will not read as 100 :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back