Fuse keeps blowing

m1i2k9e

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I did a search on this and nothing came back. Has anyone had an issue with their horn fuse continuously blowing? I know it's not the clock spring because when I hit the panic button or lock the doors the horn doesn't sound at all nor do I have cruise control/radio problems from the steering wheel. I've replaced the fuse 3 times now and it'll go within days of replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

fuses typically do not blow for no reason, so it sounds like you have a short somewhere. The horn itself could be bad and shorting out thus blowing a fuse. You could try to bench test the horn and see if it works properly. If it does then somewhere along the wiring there is a short. If it doesn't then you found out that you need a new horn.

fuses typically do not blow for no reason, so it sounds like you have a short somewhere. The horn itself could be bad and shorting out thus blowing a fuse. You could try to bench test the horn and see if it works properly. If it does then somewhere along the wiring there is a short. If it doesn't then you found out that you need a new horn.

Alternately, he could unplug the horns (there are two) and replace the fuse. If after a few days (pressing the horn button now and then) the fuse hasn't blown it would be safe to conclude that at least one of the horns is bad. Both should probably be replaced in that case.

b3e7ae085ac8.jpg

here is horn-relay testing method.

a2fca481d747.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back