G8 GT or 06 E55 AMG

601hotboy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanted an unbiased opinion so I came to the ls forum instead of the g8's. I love both cars. I would like to know which would you choose and why. I am pretty sure the g8 will be the least expensive for repairs . I know the g8 is a sport sedan and the e55 is a luxury sport sedan. I have seen a few E55's in a nice price range with low mileage..

That's an easy one. E55 AMG all the way. I like luxury and exclusivity so.....
Plus, the Benz will be making statements wherever you pull up.

I actually might wind up in a E55 AMG myself once I am ready to get rid of the LS. Either E55 AMG, Jag STR or BMW 550i sport.

ok thanks man. I admire that car for it's luxury appeal and at the same time rubberburning appeal..lol... I am just thinking of the cost of repairs on this upscale car...

If you want an image when you pull up then yes the AMG, if you like drving your car hard and modifing it for go fast stuff then the G8. I'm thinking the G8 will be considerable cheaper so that's a thought.

ok thanks man. I admire that car for it's luxury appeal and at the same time rubberburning appeal..lol... I am just thinking of the cost of repairs on this upscale car...

Yea, the G8 will be much cheaper and easier in that respect. How much you looking at spending on each car?

I'm not in the car market as we speak, maybe within a year or so after i finish my degree. Under $30,000 though.. These two cars are my top picks.. I'm not really concerned with modifying much, maybe exhaust, and no more than a tune on a g8. I wouldnt do more than exhaust on the e55... My bestfriend says the g8 doesnt fit me... He says something with more luxury is me, considering that i drive a Ls.

yea the G8 is a ferocious beast I would love to have myself but honestly couldn't see myself in it either, and that AMG is gonna cost a pretty penny on repairs, you test drove either one yet? I know you said you aint in the market yet.

i love both cars the g8 is nice but the e55 you will get so many more looks plus its a benz but with the benz i hope you got deep pockets because up keep is big $$$$$ an oil change is like 500 those cars will bleed you dry

Upscale? Umm. Ok. It's a Mercedes. A fairly popular one. As far as repairs being expensive? They are not as cheap as repairs on a chevy Cobalt, but still manageable. I heard, the trick with buying a Mercedes is to make sure you buy an extended warranty for it.

yea the G8 is a ferocious beast I would love to have myself but honestly couldn't see myself in it either, and that AMG is gonna cost a pretty penny on repairs, you test drove either one yet? I know you said you aint in the market yet.

Again, MB >

i love both cars the g8 is nice but the e55 you will get so many more looks plus its a benz but with the benz i hope you got deep pockets because up keep is big $$$$$ an oil change is like 500 those cars will bleed you dry

500 dollars? Are you on crack? The typical oil chance price at a MB dealer is around 120 dollars. And for that 120 dollars, you get Mobil 1 synthetic oil, a fleece filter and... Ready for this one? Around 10k miles between oil changes. So, again, how is upkeep big money?

Now, personally, I don't like the E55. But that's neither here nor there. If I had a choice only between the E55 and the Ponticrap, I'd go with the E55 over ponticrap, even though the E55 is not on my favorite cars list.

I'd go with a G8 GXP since you can get a 6 speed manual transmission.

Boom there you go. Beat me to it lol. It will probably have heated leather so there is your "luxury" :hump:

-Matt:Beer

am not surprise about the brakes being 500 actually when i went to a mechanic to get my brakes fixed he just finished working on a benz brakes and it cost $1000 so there you go..there is no limit to brake repair cost...be ready to spend money on little things

am not surprise about the brakes being 500 actually when i went to a mechanic to get my brakes fixed he just finished working on a benz brakes and it cost $1000 so there you go..there is no limit to brake repair cost...be ready to spend money on little things

Who said the brakes were 500 bucks? I'm not seeing it.

And If 500 or even 1000 dollars for brakes is considered "expensive", then I'm sorry, such cars are not for those people.

What little things do you foresee as going bad on an E55? Specifically.

I'd get the benz if the choice was between those 2 autos. But I've never been a fan of the E series.

I love both the G8 and the E55, but if I had to choose one then it would be the E55. Like frogman said "get one with the extended warranty." You wouldn't have to do anything to the E55 and run 12's all day. The reason the brakes cost so much is because they are huge. They also don't break as easy as the G8.

When Government Motors comes up with sekcs like this, I'll consider one of their products.

Cl Engine 1.jpg

CL Engine 2.jpg

CL Engine.jpg

No I have not driven either car. Thanks for the replies... The g8 is much more affordable and quite nice for a GM car. But the E55 is at the top of the game... I am lookin at both cars by: fuel economy, warranty, repair costs. There are pros and cons to each,but I know either would be an enjoyment:rolleyes:. I have more than enough time between now and graduation to decide..lol....

Ultimately it is for you to decide which car you lke the best. People will tell you to get the car they would like, not the one you would like. It's always easy spending other people's money, ya know? Drive both of them. Beat on them on the test drive. Take them for a nice 10 plus mile trip on the highway. Decide which one you like the best. Simple as that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back