gen 1 intake on gen 2???

talincolnlsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a gen 2 intake and im wondering if anyone has swapped one onto a gen 1? what am i going to need for parts? i would assume a throttle cable but what else? i cant have my car down so id rather have the parts and just swap it. and the intake is complete including the air intake tube and air box. id appreciate any help. also was there any power increase with your swap?

You won't lose power but you won't gain much either, except for a cleaner looking engine bay...

No loss of power, and that's a fact, dyno and track proven fact.

Once and for all, it's not the intake that makes the Gen2 slower, it's the ECU programming.

Slow ? Tell that to the guy in Chicago running 11's with the stock gen 2 intake.

The swap will require the use of either cobra or gen 2 IMRCs, some harness rewiring and other little things like cruise and throttle cable. All in all, not worth it.

I don't really think that it's worth it. I have always heard that the gen1 intake actually flows more than the gen2, BUT it was never enough to speak about.

If you REALLY want to do this, I have a ported and polished, and gasket matched gen 1 intake sitting here that I'm never gonna do anything with. You WILL need gears and some sort of power adder to take advantage of it tho. I deleted the imrcs.

MIke

94m5 said:
I don't really think that it's worth it. I have always heard that the gen1 intake actually flows more than the gen2, BUT it was never enough to speak about.

If you REALLY want to do this, I have a ported and polished, and gasket matched gen 1 intake sitting here that I'm never gonna do anything with. You WILL need gears and some sort of power adder to take advantage of it tho. I deleted the imrcs.

MIke

if he doesnt want it, i may be interested...how much you lookin for...pm me.

thanks m maker. thats what i was looking for. facts. if its not going to make more power i probally wont do it.

m_maker said:
No loss of power, and that's a fact, dyno and track proven fact.

Once and for all, it's not the intake that makes the Gen2 slower, it's the ECU programming.

Slow ? Tell that to the guy in Chicago running 11's with the stock gen 2 intake.

The swap will require the use of either cobra or gen 2 IMRCs, some harness rewiring and other little things like cruise and throttle cable. All in all, not worth it.
just dont forget ,intake doesnt make a lot of different when air is being pushed into it(ala supercharger) as opposed to when the engine is having to suck the air in all by itself.

Better flowing intake make especially big difference on blown applications.
That's why you shorten runners, enlarge ports, etc. on high HP blown setups.

I've never seen an 11 second Mark VIII with the stock gen 1 intake... gen 2 has been accomplished already as been said.

The placement of the gen 2 throttle body is enough reason not to switch to the gen 1 intake.

sorry double post but since i have this space whats involved in swapping a gen 2 intake to a gen 1 car?

Last edited by a moderator:
i posted wrong. i wanted to put gen 2 intake on my gen 1, i think most people understood from my description but my bad. i should have double checked my post.

Members online

Back