Gen 2 Cobra R Hood

PHILLYRT

LVC Member
Reaction score
Because I know this has been a long standing question since I joined the mark community in 2003 I asked the fiberglass place I deal with.....

His answer....
He will make the hood but would need 15-20 people in on the group buy and deposit of $150 per person...

If we hit the # for the buy .... he would need some time to get the mold made and then start producing hood

If you want it let me know and ill start the list and the process.....

Nick

Because I know this has been a long standing question since I joined the mark community in 2003 I asked the fiberglass place I deal with.....

His answer....
He will make the hood but would need 15-20 people in on the group buy and deposit of $150 per person...

If we hit the # for the buy .... he would need some time to get the mold made and then start producing hood

If you want it let me know and ill start the list and the process.....

Nick

Guestimate on price, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Never going to happen... just wait until I finish Stack's hood... it will make the cobra r look dumb :D

Your correct on as far as it will never happen, remember this from 2007?

Whats yours going to look like? If it's better looking the a CR hood it must be yummy looking.

it been talked for how long now i know since ive been in the mk8 community back in 02' id rather have a Geno spoiler for the gen2

The only thing I can say is modernized version of the supermark hood...

think this was the first gen 2 with a hood....

pic1_jpg.jpg

pic2_jpg.jpg

pic4_jpg.jpg

I don't know if it would happen either , I can't see 15 people agreeing on one style hood for the 2nd gens.... I'm only putting it up since I got 5 people asking for it when I put up the first gp post....is there another hood that is wanted more then the cobra r hood???

If people really want it and now someone offered to make it who knows... I like the look of the hood on the black mark above, looks real clean.

There's not a set price but it looks like in between $499-$649??? That's also something that needs to be said if you want one but have a max price post that info too...

I want some type of hood for mine but it will have to have a really good fit. Not sure how the Cobra R will look on a 2nd gen but my guess is it would look good.

IMO, Sides need to follow parallel to factory hood line, and blend into hood vs having actual ''sides'' on the cowl. That doesn't match the mark viii at ALL.

Alot like the cobra R hood but without the ripple that makes it look like a crappy mating job with an aftermarket cowl, and again, parallel to the hood line of the mark hood. Whoever makes the non cobra R cowl inductions for the mustangs that I see everywhere even failed in this aspect. The asthetics suck on the majority of aftermarket hoods. Just because it's a cowl hood doesn't mean it looks good.

While I'm griping, I may as well say the cobra R hood, even looks like dog sh*t. I can't believe such a design can become so popular off just a name. It's sad. It looks like a JEGS cowl was mudded to the damn hood and the base was never cut off from the mold.

would like to see something happen with a Gen 2 Hood Someday, Something simple that looks Great!, it doesnt even have to be a Cobra R Hood, Just Something to Give it even more of a baddA$$ Look! Cant wait to see something new Made up!

I will only be making ONE hood... for Stacks car... the only way I would make others is for $$, and the kind of $$ I feel I'm worth...

Honestly if you come up with a hot hood that everyone likes then sell it to a fiberglass place that's willing to buy it... or setup a deal that you get a cut from each one sold for a certain period of time.... its a lot easier for a fiberglass shop to copy a hood then it is to fab one up......either way they have to put money out .... the only problem is we are talking about a car that was only produced for 2 years and is 13years old, not super high demand. Hopefully something comes of this thread which geno pointed out as a almost yearly discussion.... still no results?? Sucks for the gen 2 guys...

I will only be making ONE hood... for Stacks car... the only way I would make others is for $$, and the kind of $$ I feel I'm worth...

Honestly if you come up with a hot hood that everyone likes then sell it to a fiberglass place that's willing to buy it... or setup a deal that you get a cut from each one sold for a certain period of time.... its a lot easier for a fiberglass shop to copy a hood then it is to fab one up......either way they have to put money out .... the only problem is we are talking about a car that was only produced for 2 years and is 13years old, not super high demand. Hopefully something comes of this thread which geno pointed out as a almost yearly discussion.... still no results?? Sucks for the gen 2 guys...

I really don't ever think it is ever gong anywhere... but props for trying...

Makes my stuff more unique :D

IMO, Sides need to follow parallel to factory hood line, and blend into hood vs having actual ''sides'' on the cowl. That doesn't match the mark viii at ALL.

Alot like the cobra R hood but without the ripple that makes it look like a crappy mating job with an aftermarket cowl, and again, parallel to the hood line of the mark hood. Whoever makes the non cobra R cowl inductions for the mustangs that I see everywhere even failed in this aspect. The asthetics suck on the majority of aftermarket hoods. Just because it's a cowl hood doesn't mean it looks good.

While I'm griping, I may as well say the cobra R hood, even looks like dog sh*t. I can't believe such a design can become so popular off just a name. It's sad. It looks like a JEGS cowl was mudded to the damn hood and the base was never cut off from the mold.

You must not have ever seen our hood in person then?
Its a excellent compliment to the cars factory design.
No mudded together areas at all?

The lines flow into a point and end dead on at the grill. This wasn't some sloppy grafted together hokey deal at all, the hood was redisigned to fit the Mark properly and is fully finished inside and out even has the provisions for the light and props? Where did you get this info from?

hood-1a.jpg

hood-2a.jpg

hood-3a.jpg

hood-4a.jpg

hood-5a.jpg

You must not have ever seen our hood in person then?
No, I don't have to, you just have to see any picture.

Its a excellent compliment to the cars factory design.
No mudded together areas at all?

I never said there were mudded areas? I said it looks like a cowl was mudded on.

The lines flow into a point and end dead on at the grill.

Yeah those lines, are what I'm talking about, they look like the bottom of a mold that should have been cut off prior to the cowl being molded in.

This wasn't some sloppy grafted together hokey deal at all, the hood was redisigned to fit the Mark properly and is fully finished inside and out even has the provisions for the light and props?

I'm sure it is, I never guessed that it wasn't?

Where did you get this info from?

What information? It's my opinion, that they look like ass, I don't need to do any research to have an opinion? I mean, look at any one of your pictures, and you can see what I'm talking about. It looks like a rough fiberglass cowl mold came out in the shape of an L on both sides, and just got mudded onto the hood.

This is just my opinion.. Lol, from the first time I ever saw the COBRA R cowl induction, I thought it was something a 15 year old got ahold of.

hood-1a.jpg

hood-2a.jpg

hood-3a.jpg

hood-4a.jpg

hood-5a.jpg

[/QUOTE]

well everyone is entitled to their opinion. is this going to be a thin ift off hood? or are you able to use hinges and lock assy??

well everyone is entitled to their opinion. is this going to be a thin ift off hood? or are you able to use hinges and lock assy??

As stated above it has provisions for the prop and light and is fully finished.
It's a hinged hood that opens & latches like stock.

Heres an underhood shot.

100_0294%20(Small).JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back