Gen 2 Hood Option Poll

What hood would you prefer yo have on your 1997-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII?

• Total voters
I don't own a Mark VIII but i voted for the Cobra R hood, the Ram air type would make the Mark VIII Gen 2 look like a T/A, just my opinion.

I'm liking the Mach set up. Specifically the Mach II.
Pic. 1 was listed as a Mach I.
Pic. 2 was listed as a Mach II

mach_1_hood.jpg

mustang_hood.jpg

They look good torque, but i don't think they would look good on a Gen 2 Mark VIII. If someone could photoshop a Ram Air hood onto a Gen 2, it would give people an idea of what it would look like.

Great idea!

Web crawling for a "mach 1 ram air", I keep finding shaker hoods. On a Mark, that would be friggin' awesome!!! It wouldn't be for every one, -hence not good for middle of the road sales. But for the one Mark at a meet, Wowsers!

The Gen II hood, reminds very much of the original Bat Mobile. It has to do with the "nose" (grille) that sticks out.

torquemonkey said:
I'm liking the Mach set up. Specifically the Mach II.
Pic. 1 was listed as a Mach I.
Pic. 2 was listed as a Mach II

Ohhhhhhhh man I think that top obe is SLAMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

man...i think that mach 1 hood would really flow on a mark

Those first 2 pictures look like A$$ on a gen 2 Mark VIII. On the stang it looks good. WAAAAAY to ricer. I would cry a little if I saw a Mark with either of those hoods.

Now here are the hoods that I would go for. I prefer the first 3 but the last one could work out of desperation.

HPIM0134.jpg

HPIM0133.jpg

HPIM0138.jpg

pic1_jpg.jpg

i like it.
i saw that hood in another post here, i never noticed that was the car that molded the grand prix bumper to the front..

something like this. guy over on tccoa had these made for the 96-97 tbird from a glass company. there are selling for i thinkg 4 or 5.

MVC_019S.jpg

lincolnboy said:
something like this. guy over on tccoa had these made for the 96-97 tbird from a glass company. there are selling for i thinkg 4 or 5.

Sorry but that is hideous and a half.

Wow that T-Bird hood...I cant think of the appropriate words...nauseating maybe? Looks like it lost a fight and got a broken nose.

I still prefer the Cobra R hood myself but I also would like to see the first Mach 1 scoop photochopped on a gen 2. The second one looks way too importish imho.

Well let's look at the aftermath of a RAM AIR hood.

1. Some one will need to make a kit so that it is functional
2. If you decide not to go with the kit you will end up cleaning off the engine every 2 weeks or buy something to stop all the crap coming in from the holes in the front.

I don't know but to me a cowl hood sounds more feasible than a ram air hood that is not functional unless the hood is designed with the port and channel that led to the intake which again would mean some type of mod since the intake is on the passenger side and not on top side.

COWL FOR SURE but how about a cobra R with a third tier to make it look original sort of like steps on the side of it

lincolnboy said:

I don't think I could even have a nightmare about a worse looking hood.

Is there a Mach II hood like the one on the yellow stang for a gen I mark

Here is my point of view.

Lincolns are supposed to be intimidating, yet sedate. They are performance cars, but they don't scream:

"HEY F*CKER! LOOK AT ME! I'M A PERFORMANCE CAR YOU DOLT!"

Any of the hideous scooped (ricer garbage) or otherwise obnoxious hoods don't seem to fit the 'theme' of a Mark VIII, if you will.

I would think a mild cowl hood, with a gentle curved rise that lines up with bulge where the grill is on the Gen IIs would be most appropriate.

I would also say that 3" should be the OUTSIDE MAX rise on the hood.

Just my humble opinion from your local Mustang dork / Lincoln owner.

Paul.

Members online

No members online now.
Back