Gen 2 Hood Option Poll

What hood would you prefer yo have on your 1997-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII?

• Total voters
Dr. Paul said:
Here is my point of view.

Lincolns are supposed to be intimidating, yet sedate. They are performance cars, but they don't scream:

"HEY F*CKER! LOOK AT ME! I'M A PERFORMANCE CAR YOU DOLT!"

Like my Hood! LMAO!

Any of the hideous scooped (ricer garbage) or otherwise obnoxious hoods don't seem to fit the 'theme' of a Mark VIII, if you will.

I would think a mild cowl hood, with a gentle curved rise that lines up with bulge where the grill is on the Gen IIs would be most appropriate.

I would also say that 3" should be the OUTSIDE MAX rise on the hood.

Just my humble opinion from your local Mustang dork / Lincoln owner.

Paul.

I think this is a very clean and sexy hood for the Gen 2 Marks.

1158_(450x300).jpg

Just picture this on that nice round Gen 2 hood. It's very sedate but will get the needed attention desired. I really am diggin' the reversed inverted scoop deal.

Last edited:
The 03 Cobra style or Saleen S351 style wouldn't be bad, provided you keep the rise of the hood down to a reasonable level.

Dr. Paul said:
The 03 Cobra style or Saleen S351 style wouldn't be bad, provided you keep the rise of the hood down to a reasonable level.

Heat extractors would be so nice...

I think the mark viii is too round for those hoods. I would vote the mild cowl hood, anything with edges might end up looking like that yellow markviii in another thread.

i like the mach I better than the mach II it has softer, rounder lines which matches the gen II's better

How about something like the 69 Shelby GT500 hood. Two low wide intakes at the front of the hood. Not overwelming just suttle! Would like to see someone photo shop that. Might look like crap but maybe not.
Raoul

I voted for the Cobra R type, but if youre going to produce one, make it more subtle rolls on edges of raised part. Like a Cobra R with rounded corners. Without the sharp pronounced edges that contrast too much with the smooth flowing lines of the Mark.
It can still be a large hood clearance, but with a more reserved sleeper look to it i prefer. Where you have to look twice to notice that its not factory. While i love the looks of the Cobra R aggressiveness on a Mustang, I think the Cobra R is too aggressive looking for a classy car like the Mark 8. It needs to be more subtle.
Also check into seeing if it can be made thicker and only one layer thick with flat cross bracing instead of sandwitched two piece design. If this was a thin piece of carbon fiber with glossy top to be painted factory color, it would be a winner in my book.
I do not know of any who have tried this yet but its worth a look in my opinion, that is, if you can find the carbon fiber material anywhere. I looked everywhere for the thin stuff to make a trunk lid and it seems the aerospace industry has sucked up all the stock to be stored away in thier warehouses for future use? Cant find the thin stuff anywhere anymore.

I really like the Y2K hood, I think that it has smooth lines.
And the heat extracter would be just the ticket for our cars.
We something other than the Cobra R hood I think that the Y2K hood would be a good upgrade for the Gen 2. Its just my opinion.

I really like the Y2K hood, I think that it has smooth lines.
And the heat extracter would be just the ticket for our cars.
We something other than the Cobra R hood I think that the Y2K hood would be a good upgrade for the Gen 2. Its just my opinion.

I think that alot of new guys read them and feel the need to give their .02s and there you go, to bad this product did not make it to production.
Ill just have to make my own.

Well still think that the hood on the Venom VIII (or something like that) his car is pictured in this thread,the one with the black painted headlights. It's suttle yet performance looking,I wouldn't mind havin one of those on my Gen2. btw,how did he get to the inside of his lights to paint them like that?

:p

Isaiah3g

:bash: My bad guys,i didnt see there was two pages and i clicked on the reply button, sorry,n00b mistake

Members online

Back