Gen 2 power tilt wheel

98LSC32V

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a fuse for the power tilt wheel, mine has stopped working and I can't hear the motor at all. If not, how much does the motor cost for it?

it is the Pentometer (big plastic switch)! $35 part but a pain in the a$$ to replace. See Tech articles.

In some cases if you gently lift up from the bottom of the steering wheel and use the tilt switch at at the same time it will work for a bit. Don't try to force it, The column could break and the steering wheel will come off in your hands.

Well I tried that technique and it works every time, does that mean it's the switch for sure and not the motor?

tilt wheel problem

98LSC32V said:
Well I tried that technique and it works every time, does that mean it's the switch for sure and not the motor?
I replaced mine and it was doing the exact same thing at 54000 miles so I bet thats it.
The best thng to d is buy a new pot fro ebay or max at five star and look for the posts on how to do it. It really is very easy to fix if you have a little mechanical abaility honest

Frat-man-du said:
Don't try to force it, The column could break and the steering wheel will come off in your hands.

have had that happen before while driving, not fun :shifty:

98LSC32V said:

It is not the little switch with the knob on the left side of the coulmn, it is a switch in the column itself. This is a common issue on the Marks. They all get this problem sooner or later.

Members online

Back