GM vs FoMoCo, nicest interiors

mach8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Who do you feel has the nicest interiors, Lincoln or Cadillac?

I find Lincoln interiors to be finished better and more unique to Lincoln myself.
Where Cadillac interiors seem to be kind of GM generic with many of their components. Love that telescoping steering wheel though!

I would say the Mark 8 interior is one of the best interiors ever. The design of the interior will become classic I think. Every one who has been in my car are very impressed by it. It has very good quality through out, and it's very tight, I rarely ever hear any rattles or much road noise. and they hold up over time.

mach8 said:

I find Lincoln interiors to be finished better and more unique to Lincoln myself.
Where Cadillac interiors seem to be kind of GM generic with many of their components. Love that telescoping steering wheel though!

I agree that Lincolns look better.

Even so, the one thing I don't like about Lincoln interior options are the limited number of interior options....limited color and design selections. (If you like grey or black or tan....they've got your leather seats covered - ha!). Remember those Lincoln velour seats...in bright rich colors...those days are gone. Cadillac buyers have a better color palette selection.

Lincoln interiors are much nicer, they have that elegant look to them, I like my Continentals interior much more than the Devilles of the early 90's. The Deville just doesn't look as classy inside as the Continental does. Especially in seat comfort, the Lincolns seats are much more inviting than the Cadillacs. :L

I hear what you're sayin about interior colors, black grey, and tan seem to be all there is now, they don't look bad I like those colors, but I miss the Burgandy(like my car has :L ) and the navy blue interiors. They looked good. I never see those colors in either Lincolns or Cadillacs anymore. :rolleyes:

I agree!!!

mach8 said:

-I personally do think that the lincolns have a much nicer int.its awsome.
:I :Beer

This up and coming DTS is going to give Lincoln a run for their money, but for right now, Lincoln's definitely got the better interiors. Most would agree that the navigator has got a much better interior than the escalade..... then again, most would agree that the escalade has got a much cooler exterior, so who wins there?

Moby and Lucille said:
This up and coming DTS is going to give Lincoln a run for their money, but for right now, Lincoln's definitely got the better interiors. Most would agree that the navigator has got a much better interior than the escalade..... then again, most would agree that the escalade has got a much cooler exterior, so who wins there?
When I was searching for my last car, I considered buying a Cadillac ElDorado because I really like the look of the exterior, even better than my Mark VIII. But the interior was definitely a disappointment. In the end I chose the VIII because of the interior and the rear wheel drive. But I agree it's a toss-up.

My experience was similar to Kbob's. When I was searching for a car, it was between Lincoln, and Cadillac. Since I spend alot of time in the car, the interior was the most important feature for me. Out of all of my searching, the Seville won out. To me, the Lincoln's interior is too plain. (I am in the market for a '95-'97 Towncar though) My Seville gives me a feeling of sophistication, that I do not think, I would have felt in the Lincoln. (I was looking for a late model) If you knew me, you would know, that any sophistication, is a H U G E improvement. :biggrin:

:C

Don

id say, linc. But that would be based on the mark, and that would be cheating. Its in a league of its own

I've always prefered Lincoln's interiors over Cadillac....
lincoln's more comfortable and user friendly... to me, at least

Most definately Ford/Lincoln/Mercury interiors. Best designs and most comfortable...

Members online

No members online now.
Back