Going to look at a Mark on Tuesday

its not a sunroof, its a moonroof!!!
deff sounds like a bad coil pack if its got a shutter, our navigator currently needs #7 replaced but i keep putting it off! runs horrible.

im going to replace the coils and plugs and see what happens hopefully that'll take care of the problem. Ill keep you all posted. I will be washing her tommorrow morning and taking some snap shots.

marvin another thing to look at on gen 2's is the driverside of the intake, there are two nipples that come off the side of the upper plenum and have 1/2 hoses attached to them, they both do a 90 degree bend toward each other, then T into one hose and go to the pcv valve. when the car is running, look at the two hoses coming off the intake, over time they get real squishy and as the car runs and creates vacuum, those hoses tend to suck shut on themselves, this also makes then run like doo doo, so check those hoses today. they come off the left side of the intake and go to the pcv valve in the driverside valve cover, cant miss it.

Well the good thing is that the check engine light is on now. So when I take it to my mechanic next week we can take the codes out.

Marvin, congrats bro... Dude, I think I saw that car on Craigslist. If it's the same one I saw, it looks very decent, jsut had the headlights yellowed out as expected on these cars. I stayed away from the higher mileage Marks even though I know they are good for 200,000+. Anyway, remember I told you I'd be tied up this weekend on my Mark? SO much for that... Weather has totally postponed it. Wanted to take off the rear bags on the car & also wanted to pick up that 97 interior but that guy won't respond. He takes forever to return an email. Anyway, I'll hit u up sometime soon.

NOTE: That knock on your car? Don't worry, it has to be something silly bro. Like they said, a cracked boot or something. I had a company vehicle start knocking on me while idling, guess what it was??????? The retarded mechanic that had put the new spark plug wires wraped one around the header. Within 2 days of the plugs being installed it started knocking badly, sure enough, I saw the wire sparking onto the exhaust header. Solved the problem right away.

Alex Im pretty sure that this shutter is nothing major bc the car runs strong i brought her down from boyton beach doing 80 the whole way. Right now I dont have time to check the plugs and boots b/c of work and thats why im going to drop it off at the mechanic and let him take care of it. So Ill keep you guys posted. Next thing is painting the chrome to match the car and then some rims and lms exhaust.

Members online

No members online now.
Back