Guess what broke!

the Msrp
on a 97 98 was like
38,000 i think befor options for some reason i think i saw that sticker ones in ohio
the continental was 42,000 befor options

I still have the paperwork for my car and its a 93(same as the junkyard one) it was purchased for 38,000.

door handle

hi i am partigh out my mk Viii is a 93 if u want the handle is yours for? you put the price is in perfect workingh condition. my email is 281165@yahoo.com
sorry my english is a little rusty the car is in san diego ca.
best regards

Robert

pd. : :wrench I am usingh the mecanics for a cobra 1965 kit car, so all the body parts and the trasmission is there.

:Beer

Shaun 97VIII said:
My driver's side outter door handle! woohoo. this sucks. it busted right under the handle part where it connects to something going into the door. i can see where it broke by lifting the handle and squatting down to see underneath.
how hard to replace?
dealership cost?
body repair shop cost?
just keep getting in through the passenger side to open the driver door?
keep my windows down so that i can just reach in to open my door?
sell the damn car because this is frustrating?

any comments/advice appreciated :D

Froze Out Of Mark

MsM8tress said:
Yet he won't part with his MarkVIII for nothing, me either! All we can do is savour the madness and enjoy the ride baby.

Cool, we have the same color too tcip, you know I'm like that chrome handle and frame thought....I think I saw those somewhere,...hummm.

Still I will have to get something done with mine, with winter coming on those locks will freeze right up, heck the window too, (I have to park outside at work). If it weren't for auto start, I would not have been able to get in my car last year..., stupid parking lot

Thanks Mike, yup, but it was too late to go edit.

I will have it give it a go on my own, what the heck. I can always do a 911 Post, hey thats an idea!
if anyone has had to replace the black seal around th frame of the doorhandle, can you fill me in?!?

Thanks
Debi

Debi, I ran into the freezing problem a few years ago in Massachussetts.
A small shot of WD-40 in the door lock and a light coat applied to the rubber seal around the door did the trick.
I caught my seal as it started to lift and just hit it with a couple drops of
3M trim adhesive, the clear liquid, not the yellow snot that comes in a tube.
I'm interested in complete replacement of the seal when I repaint.
Good luck with your Mark:D

Need Passenger Side Outer Handle

I ran into the same problem with my 97 Mark. I'm looking for a door handle, Passenger side/outer. The dealer quoted me $65 so I'm going to have a look if the junk yards fail. Think it was my occasional heavy handed passengers that continue to lift on the handle rather than pull outward once the latch opens. Any problems or items to look out for lurking under the door panel ?
Many thanks, Eddie

I have an extra drivers side outter door handle I bought from Max, I sold my car and I don't need it. $30 shipped if anyone wants it.

i made it a habit to grab the top of the door to open it when i found out the handles break.

whats with all the old threads?

04SSHD said:
I have an extra drivers side outter door handle I bought from Max, I sold my car and I don't need it. $30 shipped if anyone wants it.
I'll take it if you still have it.

I wonder if the tbird or any other handles will fit:confused:

My driver side door handle just broke on the 96... oh well, not surprised considering the car will be 11 years old in March and all Mark VIII door handles break eventually... :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back