Has anyone tried the aluminum Jaguar T-stat housing?

scjmc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had tried this NCE2247ADKIT. It is on rockauto and ebay. It is an aluminum Tstat housing, outlet tube, and cap with seals for less than the plastic ford stuff.

I think I am going to go for it. I found a post about another member here who ordered a kit, said it looked like a match, but ony used the cap. I am going to take a good look at what I need tomorow and hopefully order parts. I have to drive my truck (11MPG) until I get the car fixed, so the sooner the better.

damn i cant believe i missed that posted thread...i recently just replaced mine and the alum one of been a major upgrade instead of that plastic pos...

I will let you guys know. I will order parts tonight if I get off of work at a reasonable time.

It looks like it's a gen1 mod. Anyone know if it fits correctly on a gen2?

for gen 2 I believe the part number is AJ82217KIT

That is the Gen 1 tower. Near as I can tell from the pictures, they are similar but might be different.

NCE2247ADKIT : Dead ringer for the plastic piece and listed for the S Type, the LS's closest cousin

AJ82217KIT : Looks very similar, but the cross references are for totally different cars. The inclusion of standard gaskets *and* o-rings is a little concerning. Might be the same hard parts as NCE2247ADKIT, just extra gaskets to adapt to other engines? This picture doesn't show the passenger side nipple, so hopefully it's there and the correct size.

I would stick with NCE2247ADKIT as the cross-ref is at least closer.

Last edited:
Got off of work late and I gotta work tomorow. I will break it down on Sunday probably and order parts on Monday. I am definately going to use the aluminum tower.

I have been working about 65 hours per week since the car broke down and I havent had a chance to put it back together untill today. I replaced the plastic tower sucesfully with the aluminum one. I also replaced the thermostat, water pump, the upper and lower radiator hoses, plastic cross over pipe, and the degas bottle. I went Motorcraft everything except for the degas bottle which is Dorman. I will get some photos up on a new thread in the next few days.

I have on 02 V8, I ordered the jag fill tower from rockauto and it fit and works perfect! The passenger side rear bolt is a pita but that is the case with the plastic one as well. I paid about $50 for the jag part and the plastic motercraft part was about $150 from the dealer. As much as I have had to remove and reinstall the cap to flush and fill the system, I probably would have worn out a plastic one by now...

Good deal..... Yeah that pass side bolt is a challenge. I thought about using a shorter bolt there, but I didnt..... Hopefully I never have to do it again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back