Have been Researching and Nothing.. HELP!!

ZagatIT Customs

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to find an all black grill even where that chrome is with the lincoln symbol. any ideas or suggestions?? or anyone that makes them?

your gonna have to paint it yourself, no one makes a black grille for an LS

Many have painted their stock chrome surround grille the color of their ls so just paint it black instead of the color of your ls. It looks just as good as painting on any other part of the car, it just might not bond to the chrome like it would other surfaces.

Many have painted their stock chrome surround grille the color of their ls so just paint it black instead of the color of your ls. It looks just as good as painting on any other part of the car, it just might not bond to the chrome like it would other surfaces.

what if i kinda roughed up the chrome? or would that just make it look worse? because i was thinking if i roughed or scuffed it a little bit and paint it black the black would hold better and it would just fill in the scuffs i put on the chrome

what if i kinda roughed up the chrome? or would that just make it look worse? because i was thinking if i roughed or scuffed it a little bit and paint it black the black would hold better and it would just fill in the scuffs i put on the chrome

:slam last time a checked paint isn't considered a filler. I would highly recommend you don't take this on yourself but if you do please do some research on how to prep/paint if you want it to look good.

dont paint it! wrap it in black vinyl that way if you dont like it you can always peel the vinyl off.

Have a paint shop do it. If you want to do it, from the sounds of it you might not want to, but if you do, it is not hard. Scuff the chrome real good, use flex primer, sand to smooth primer, paint, clear coat, the general steps. Follow this how to doc on painting chrome.

http://www.lskoncepts.com/Grille Rear Surround Paint.pdf

just my opinion, but i dont see a LPG (light color) LS looking to great with a black on black grill.... I think it would just look out of place, or that you just got in an accident and its a replacement. especially with a non sport bumper (with the chrome strip). just seems like it would be too busy on the front end.... but again, just my .02

Have a paint shop do it. If you want to do it, from the sounds of it you might not want to, but if you do, it is not hard. Scuff the chrome real good, use flex primer, sand to smooth primer, paint, clear coat, the general steps. Follow this how to doc on painting chrome.

:slam last time a checked paint isn't considered a filler. I would highly recommend you don't take this on yourself but if you do please do some research on how to prep/paint if you want it to look good.

Okay, i know how to paint ive taken painting classes i didnt think i needed to write step by step process on how i was thinking about going to do it lol i was just saying i was thinking if i scuff it and then do all the prep work/ paint it it would come out better and stay on it.

just my opinion, but i dont see a LPG (light color) LS looking to great with a black on black grill.... I think it would just look out of place, or that you just got in an accident and its a replacement. especially with a non sport bumper (with the chrome strip). just seems like it would be too busy on the front end.... but again, just my .02

well im throwing black rims on it after winter, plus im in the process of removing all chrome off the body.. not a huge fan of chrome i think my tan LS would be sick blacked out i havent seen anyone black an LS out unless its a black LS. (not saying id be the only one cuz im sure theres a lotta people out there that have beaten me to it lol)

If you think you can paint chrome without scuffing/ manipulating then you might want to take another class... or as for your money back

but thanks for the link that is helpful with the whole sanding process cuz im not a pro at that haha

agreed on the chrome part.... cant really call it blacked out on a non black car though...

If you think you can paint chrome without scuffing/ manipulating then you might want to take another class... or as for your money back

i didnt say i could paint it without scuffing it whered you get that from?? i was simply stating i was thinking about painting it so it can be black and asked for ideas/ suggestions meaning, should i paint or is there other ways around it.

agreed on the chrome part.... cant really call it blacked out on a non black car though...

blacked out doesn't necessarily mean the entire car is black. blacked out is more like all accessories/ aftermarket parts are black. black on black means the entire car including paint is black

this post implied you though this was in option when painting chrome.. but hey, I've never taken any classes on it so.... Good luck with it, post some pics and let us know how it turns out

+1 on the wrapping though... since your not color matching anything and want to go for that "aftermarket" grill look. then wrapping would prob be the easiest.. by buddy had all the chrome wrapped on this GMC with gloss black... looked like it had been painted....kinda

Members online

No members online now.
Back