Headlight Lamps Comparison

Anyways, all of this talk about HID's, Halogen, bad housings, too much heat, unavailable bulbs, etc.

Why didn't Ford just correct the problem years ago? Thats what everyone should be pissed off about! It seems that many people forget about things over the years, not me though. Ford was wrong for not correcting this in the first place.

Ford doesn't give a :q:q:q:q about us.... they made less Marks in the total production run than they did Tauruses in one year, why would they care about us?

Why didn't Ford just correct the problem years ago? Thats what everyone should be pissed off about! It seems that many people forget about things over the years, not me though. Ford was wrong for not correcting this in the first place.

They did correct it last year, the issue is that most owners thought they are smarter than Ford and decided NOT to adopt Ford's solution. Fortunately, there are enthusiasts out there who have the time/resources/know-how to formulate a more reliable, superior, and best of all legal, solution.

Additionally, I personally know of two vehicle fires that were started from poor quality HID kits. Nothing against ebay kits per se, but the fact was that the manufacturer had clearly cut corners in the wiring harnesses, or bulbs, or ballasts, or whatever and that resulted in significant damage that was not covered by anybody's insurance.

Thank you, lscmkviii for posting the simplest & clearest outline of the differences in bulbs work. Unfortunately there is a lot of bad advertising and misinformation on the Interweb about halogen/xenon/HID and 99% of motorists don't understand what they're buying into. I found it rather annoying when shopping for a car recently because almost every car I looked at advertised "Xenon" headlights, when in fact four models were halogen and three were HID. Of course, the salespeople were useless, so my method was simply to go to the parts department and ask for a quote for a replacement headlight.

They did correct it last year, the issue is that most owners thought they are smarter than Ford and decided NOT to adopt Ford's solution. Fortunately, there are enthusiasts out there who have the time/resources/know-how to formulate a more reliable, superior, and best of all legal, solution.

Additionally, I personally know of two vehicle fires that were started from poor quality HID kits. Nothing against ebay kits per se, but the fact was that the manufacturer had clearly cut corners in the wiring harnesses, or bulbs, or ballasts, or whatever and that resulted in significant damage that was not covered by anybody's insurance.

Thank you, lscmkviii for posting the simplest & clearest outline of the differences in bulbs work. Unfortunately there is a lot of bad advertising and misinformation on the Interweb about halogen/xenon/HID and 99% of motorists don't understand what they're buying into. I found it rather annoying when shopping for a car recently because almost every car I looked at advertised "Xenon" headlights, when in fact four models were halogen and three were HID. Of course, the salespeople were useless, so my method was simply to go to the parts department and ask for a quote for a replacement headlight.

Really? I am eager for you to inform us of the solution for the late 95 and 1996 LSC models.

Why didn't Ford just correct the problem years ago? Thats what everyone should be pissed off about!.

Back in late 99 and early 2000 a large group of us contacted the NSTSB about this, each time we all were told "it's the first time they had ever been contacted".

They said more people would have to file complaints before they would open an investigation...more and more people complained and nothing ever happened..

Keeping in mind that in 99, my 95 was just 4 years old so it wasn't a 10 year old car we were talking about.

WE did raise hell.. lots of it.

About to ebay or buy from me, One thing is for sure. do some research, I have a countless number of ebay special hid kits that people have traded in. I have alot of people that call email text inquiring about my stuff then goto ebay after I spin thier heads around with information about it and most of them have returned to trade them in.

Really? I am eager for you to inform us of the solution for the late 95 and 1996 LSC models.

Purchase halogen conversion kit and GenI halogen housings.

Of course, that's not Ford's official solutions, but with 30,000 GenIIs all having HID headlights they had to do something, where there were far less than 10k GenI models equipped (from the factory) with HIDs.

I am really tired of people saying that ebay kits are junk! Just because they were sold on ebay doesn't make them bad. People who sell the same freakin kits for twice the price like to think their kit is better when it's the same thing. I haven't heard anything bad from the buyers! Only from the sellers of these "other kits" If anyone really believes this then I have ocean front property for sale here in Vegas!

Yes, I know that certain people are going to argue over this & I really could care less. It's the truth plain & simple!

i have bought a ton of ebay kits with no problems, best money ever spent take that for what its worth. why pay 400 when you can spend 80 for the same dam thing!
its like tires, why pay 200 for a brand new tire, when you can buy one with 10 miles on it that needs a nail hole plugged for 40? i'll buy the 40 dollar tire and put in a 25 cent plug!

I am really tired of people saying that ebay kits are junk! Just because they were sold on ebay doesn't make them bad. People who sell the same freakin kits for twice the price like to think their kit is better when it's the same thing. I haven't heard anything bad from the buyers! Only from the sellers of these "other kits" If anyone really believes this then I have ocean front property for sale here in Vegas!

Yes, I know that certain people are going to argue over this & I really could care less. It's the truth plain & simple!

well I have nothing bad to say about Ebay it has helped and hurt me, there really are alot of people on there selling inferior stuff on there but the price is right, always remember that will get what you pay for.

Members online

Back