Heated Mirrors?

StevenBrown

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Lincoln LS V8 that does not have factory heated mirrors.
Can I buy factory ones and install them?
Is there an existing harness already wired out for the heated mirror option?
Is there a separate switch for the mirror defrost/heat or is it tied into the rear window defrost switch?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Steven Brown
2003 Lincoln LS V8

I have a 2003 Lincoln LS V8 that does not have factory heated mirrors.
Can I buy factory ones and install them?
Is there an existing harness already wired out for the heated mirror option?
Is there a separate switch for the mirror defrost/heat or is it tied into the rear window defrost switch?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Steven Brown
2003 Lincoln LS V8

Heated exterior mirrors were standard on the LS, only there is no heated symbol on the mirror like most cars. They are tied into the rear window de-ice. What kind of mirrors are on your car? The exterior mirror connectors behind each door panel will have the wires for the heated mirrors.

Heated exterior mirrors were standard on the LS, only there is no heated symbol on the mirror like most cars. They are tied into the rear window de-ice. What kind of mirrors are on your car? The exterior mirror connectors behind each door panel will have the wires for the heated mirrors.

That's what I thought. I just turn my rear defrost on and the mirrors defrost pretty quick.

I am not 100% certain that heated mirrors were standard for all years of the LS. Ford is weird about what is standard or optional from year to year. It's possible that they were standard on every year but 2003, or not.
Check the rear power distribution box in the trunk. If there is a fuse installed in position 9 then you probably do have heated mirrors. They do operate with the rear defrost switch.
The 2003 owner's manual does say "if equipped" in the section on heated mirrors.
The window sticker on my 04 didn't mention heated mirrors. The window sticker on my 06 listed heated mirrors as one of the standard features.

The folks at LLSOC used to have a list of all the changes from year to year on the LS. I recall that this list included features that went from optional to standard to optional to ...

Thank you All,
I will go ahead and turn on my rear defroster and feel the side mirrors and see if they are warm to the touch! In 20 degree weather it shouldn't be to hard to feel the temp. difference.
The mirrors that are on my car are manual folding memory controlled. I hope I answered that correctly.

Thank you,
Steven Brown
2003 LS V8

On my 2003 Invoice / dealer options sticker, from the original dealer it says Pwr Heated Mirrors is standard equipment. This is on a Premium Sport V8, I am not sure if there was a base sport, but I guess they could be optional on them.

My guess is that since my 03 LS sales brochure(from PA) shows heated fixed mirrors as standard equipment for all LS models, Ford may of made it optional for southern states. Since he has the folding mirrors w/driver's dimming mirror & memory I bet he will find his mirrors are heated

Thank you both,
I just checked and I do have the heated mirrors. The previous owner told me that they were not heated and also I didn't see the symbol on them so I was guessing that mine was without.
I guess the previous owner didn't know what they had.
So I have have the works on mine! :D

Thank you,
StevenBrown
2003 Lincoln LS Premium Sport V8

Yep, I meant to put that on earlier. :D
Thank you for your help!

StevenBrown
2003 Lincoln LS Premium Sport V8

Don't mean to high jack the thread but, on the subject of mirrors I saw that people said they had auto dimming mirrors. I noticed that my driver side mirror does it, but the passenger side doesn't really seem to dim. Is it just my terrible eye sight or is the auto dim feature only on the driver side mirror?

Don't mean to high jack the thread but, on the subject of mirrors I saw that people said they had auto dimming mirrors. I noticed that my driver side mirror does it, but the passenger side doesn't really seem to dim. Is it just my terrible eye sight or is the auto dim feature only on the driver side mirror?

AFAIK, the dimming option was only available for the driver's exterior mirror (and the rear view mirror). I haven't seen an LS with dimming for the passenger mirror. Both of mine have dimming for the driver's side only, and the owner's manuals indicate that this is correct.

Members online

Back