Heated Steering Wheel Would be Nice!

I would love having that, being from NH. I still have to fix my drivers seat heater.

i was thinking of that this week also. its probably more of a pain to change steering wheels, and whatever else you need, then to wear gloves.

how does it work? is there a button like the heated seats, or does it come on automatically like the heated side mirrors?

That would be pretty nice to have on a cold morning. Maybe like a button next to your seat heater button

how does it work? is there a button like the heated seats, or does it come on automatically like the heated side mirrors?

AFAIK, the heated side mirrors come on only when you turn the rear defrost on, not automatically.
The heater wiper park on the windshield is automatic.

Two words

Remote Start.

i have never had a problem with anything in the car being cold.

today its 16 degrees outside, and when i go out to my car, its a nice warm 76 with the windows defrosted.

My steering wheel has A/C in the winter and its heated in the summer... somehow.

When I am driving and I put my hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, I can feel a breeze. Just so happens its 9 degrees outside at the moment, so its going to be a cold breeze this motning.

Would be nice, but think of it as another thing to possibly break. :D

Possibly break?

come on, you know damn well that it would be a more common epic fail than clocksprings and DCCV's put together.lol

I was trying to be nice to not come off as a "hater". lol

Just saying, the more stuff a car has - any car, the 300 is no exception - the more stuff there is to break. :D

Possibly break?

come on, you know damn well that it would be a more common epic fail than clocksprings and DCCV's put together.lol

Actually, it would have to be powered through the clockspring, so ...

My steering wheel has A/C in the winter and its heated in the summer... somehow.

When I am driving and I put my hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, I can feel a breeze. Just so happens its 9 degrees outside at the moment, so its going to be a cold breeze this motning.

Mine does the same thing! Glad I'm not the only one.

A heated steering wheel would be great now. It was 6 degrees on the way home the day before with -9 wind chill. Screw that!

oh, thanks joegr.
how much should a remote start cost installed? 150? and i think i remember reading that it can be used with the unlock button on the remote. takes place of the auto windows down feature.

My remote start stopped working this winter :( ..... but I've been driving the Suburban (winter beater) and that freaking thing.... is cold. its a 10 mile drive to the town I work in, and it barely gets to the temp where you can feel warm air by the time I get to work. I think I need to block the radiator off or something. To top it off the heated drivers seat doesn't heat... damn chevrolet's

ive heard that some remote starters can cause problems with the ls not sure which ones or if its true but i opted out of it because im not a pussy and deal with the cold lol

My LS has remote start, like the Activa 4103 or something, from the previous owner.

It is still installed, but not functional, the last owner had a fuse for it pulled because when they took the car in for warranty work, I think coils, Ford told them that the remote start was causing the coils to fail more quickly.

I put the fuse back in once to see if it actually worked, and everything functions except the car cranks and runs, but immediately shuts off and does this several times. So something is buggy or not programmed correctly.

Anyways I think the coil thing is BS and Ford was just making excuses to the prev owner.

I would be a nice feature to have for sure, but I would probably just do that top of the line Viper one with a mile range or whatever and get the alarm as well.

Remote start causes more engine wear. Warm oil flows better than cold oil. Fuel economy is also much higher on a warmed engine. and An engine under load warms up MUCH faster than an idling engine. And a cold engine puts out a lot more emissions into the environment than a warm engine. And if an oil pressure light or temp light comes on with no one in the car....

Remote start causes more engine wear.
why/ how does this happen? is it because it idles for 10 min, yet no miles are being put on? i spend about two hours and 100 miles a day with my car, so i dont know if its that big of a concern for me.

why/ how does this happen? is it because it idles for 10 min, yet no miles are being put on? i spend about two hours and 100 miles a day with my car, so i dont know if its that big of a concern for me.

Most of the engine wear occurs at start up/warm up. At least, that's what they say. I think this has to do more with gases burning and forming acids that are very corrosive that don't transport. I personally like to let the engine warm up for a minute or two before i take off, especially in cold weather. This way the oil to warms up and coats the important parts of the engine.

I remote started my last car every day for about 4 years. The car had over 100,000 miles when i bought it. Performance wasn't affected at all, ran just as good when i sold it.

Most of the engine wear occurs at start up/warm up. At least, that's what they say. I think this has to do more with gases burning and forming acids that are very corrosive that don't transport. I personally like to let the engine warm up for a minute or two before i take off, especially in cold weather. This way the oil to warms up and coats the important parts of the engine.

I remote started my last car every day for about 4 years. The car had over 100,000 miles when i bought it. Performance wasn't affected at all, ran just as good when i sold it.

Yea I would think that NOT letting a vehicle warm up in very cold weather before speeding off would be worse.

I don't get it. :confused:

Members online

Back