Heated Steering Wheel Would be Nice!

In very cold weather just let it idle long enough for the rpm to come down from 1700 to about 1000(25 sec) and drive reasonable (not speeding off) for the first mile or so and your car will suffer no damage and will warm up faster, just not the motor but the differential, transmission, shocks, and etc, than sitting and idling. Idling wast gas and puts out unnecessary emissions.

U just blew my mind....y wud the remote start damage the car it's just turning the ignition with a remote instead of a key....what difference would it make....n y shudnt u let the car wArm up a couple of minutes and cool off a little before u shut it off.....think turbo timers

yeaa i think that would be a welcome addiction to any car rite about now lol its tooooooo dammmm cold

In very cold weather just let it idle long enough for the rpm to come down from 1700 to about 1000(25 sec) and drive reasonable (not speeding off) for the first mile or so and your car will suffer no damage and will warm up faster, just not the motor but the differential, transmission, shocks, and etc, than sitting and idling. Idling wast gas and puts out unnecessary emissions.

This is all 100% correct.

By the way, dont have the owners manual in front of me..but Im sure it has some reference about warm up (or lack there of) in there.

I was trying to be nice to not come off as a "hater". lol

Just saying, the more stuff a car has - any car, the 300 is no exception - the more stuff there is to break. :D

I should have got that damned Trans-Am... At least a turbo is POSSIBLE on the damned thing....

Were actually working on getting all the pieces needed to twin turbo my friends caprice.... its going to be SICK

Do anyone know if its possible to have the heated seats turn on with the command start?

I remember reading somewhere that the Lincoln factory-installed command start has some options which can be programmed by the dealer, but I've never taken the time to find out what these are.

Thanks,

Kevin

Do anyone know if its possible to have the heated seats turn on with the command start?

I remember reading somewhere that the Lincoln factory-installed command start has some options which can be programmed by the dealer, but I've never taken the time to find out what these are.

Thanks,

Kevin

It should be that all you have to do is to set them to auto. Set them to auto by pressing both the heat and the cool buttons at the same time. The middle LED will light over each button and a seat symbol will appear on the climate control display. If the climate control starts with your remote start, then the seats now will too.

Thanks Joe,

I forgot to mention, its a gen 1 (2002) LS, so I don't have the cooling option. Is there an auto mode for the gen 1?

It should be that all you have to do is to set them to auto. Set them to auto by pressing both the heat and the cool buttons at the same time. The middle LED will light over each button and a seat symbol will appear on the climate control display. If the climate control starts with your remote start, then the seats now will too.

Thanks Joe,

I forgot to mention, its a gen 1 (2002) LS, so I don't have the cooling option. Is there an auto mode for the gen 1?

Sorry, I was thinking gen II. I don't know of any auto mode for gen I.

Members online

No members online now.
Back