Hello all, New to LVC.

LS-N-IT

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
I finally got a LS. Ive been looking for quite some time. (06 LS Sport / Light Tundra) Ive had a long list of cars (96 Impala SS/04 Impala SS/03 Evo/05 GTO just to name a few). I really love this Lincoln so far! So smooth and bad azz looking, everyone loves it. Now its time to pimp it up a little bit.

I have a question for you LS stereo install experts. I am planning on installing a Double DIN stereo (Kenwood DXP701) using the silver nav face from lskoncepts. Are there any major issues with doing so? (Any major trimming of the silver piece? Any depth issues?)

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions you can provide.
Jer

no real issues, the double din fits fine, you will need a dremel to cut an opening in the double din faceplate. check my photo garage for a pic of my pioneer d3. post pics of your ride, sounds sweet :W

Hey man, welcome to LVC. I see you are from Minneapolis. I live in St. Paul right now. It is nice to see another Minnesotan. Let me know if you need any help or have a LS meet sometime.

Thanks for the fast repsonse. That install looks sweet! (Your interior looks identical to mine) I want my radio to sit recessed slightly just like yours does. Did you actually have to trim the opening bigger on the Silver piece?? If so thats a killer dremel job.. Oh, and does the radio cage actually bolt/connect to the silver piece?

I work in Vadnais Heights just up 35E. We'll have to do a LS meet at the A&W or something like that sometime.

Ill shoot some pics of mine this weekend.

Thanks for the fast repsonse. That install looks sweet! (Your interior looks identical to mine) I want my radio to sit recessed slightly just like yours does. Did you actually have to trim the opening bigger on the Silver piece?? If so thats a killer dremel job.. Oh, and does the radio cage actually bolt/connect to the silver piece?

I work in Vadnais Heights just up 35E. We'll have to do a LS meet at the A&W or something like that sometime.

Ill shoot some pics of mine this weekend.

Well, I will be in that area this weekend. My parents live right by A&W and my car guy is right down the street. I have always wanted to go get a tasty burger and float at A&W. I would be more than glad to meet there this weekend sometime and give you some ideas and help with your car? Let me know. John

Here is a thread we have on here about the AVIC Double DIN install, you can get some pointers from here.

The silver face plate is only dremeled from the back, not from the front, so you never see the cuts. I think on page 4 of the thread you will see where the cuts need to be made. The face plate doesnt bolt to anything, it just kinda sits there being held in with two little posts and the top vent trim and lower climate control trim.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=29444

Well, I will be in that area this weekend. My parents live right by A&W and my car guy is right down the street. I have always wanted to go get a tasty burger and float at A&W. I would be more than glad to meet there this weekend sometime and give you some ideas and help with your car? Let me know. John

I live just up the road in Hayward, WI. Would love to do a meet sometime, this weekend dont work tho.

Where exactly is Hayward? I thought that was at least a couple hours away from the Twin Cities.

Yea, it's about 2 1/2 hours. A good little drive. I get down there perdy much tho. I wounder how many of us are up in this neck of the woods?

Welcome to Lvc. If you do not become a gold member you will be booted. J/k our knowledge is free:Beer :W :V :GotPics: :dj: *owned* :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :monkey: :monkey: :invasion:

Here is a thread we have on here about the AVIC Double DIN install, you can get some pointers from here.

The silver face plate is only dremeled from the back, not from the front, so you never see the cuts. I think on page 4 of the thread you will see where the cuts need to be made. The face plate doesnt bolt to anything, it just kinda sits there being held in with two little posts and the top vent trim and lower climate control trim.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=29444

+1.

The biggest factor keeping it in place is the lower climate control trim referenced above. The top part of the front edge of the climate control unit has 3 short pointed nubs facing upwards. These nubs actually fit into three matching shallow "holes" that are in the bottom front part of the bezel. Once the nubs slip into the holes..the bezel cant slide forward or backward. And once the entire assembly is fastened into the dash, it cant move sideways either. So it's secure after its all in.

Welcome to LVC. The '06 LS is an awesome car. Post pics whenever you do something new. Even though I have an LS, I still look at pictures of everyone elses car. :rolleyes:

OK, here are a few pics. I just got done waxing it and polishing the wheels. I cant wait to get the stereo transplant done!

LS-1.jpg

LS-2.jpg

LS-3.jpg

LS-4.jpg

If I had that color interior it would be ruined.....within days....lol. Looks so nice, but I could never keep it clean. :(

Car looks awesome man.

beautiful, put some tint and whatever you were sayin about stereo transplant. why couldn't every ls come wtih that LSE grille?

Man I am glad to see allot of people on this site with the Vivid Red paint.
Before I bought mine, I looked for a month, and saw exactly 2 red LS's.
I love my red LS. With the chrome rims, it really pops!

oops, that was in reference to jgfish97...and all of the other red LS owners...:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back