Help!!! How Do I Pull Radiator Fan

That's a good amount of work but I found these instructions for when I pulled mine out:

1. Disconnect the throttle position (TP) sensor and the idle air control (IAC) valve electrical connectors.
1. Remove the bracket.
1. Remove the bolts.
2. Remove the bracket.
3. Disconnect the high pressure cooling fan bracket and line.
4. Using the appropriate special tool, install a new O-ring on the power steering pressure hose fitting.
5. Separate the return hose from the fan shroud and position aside.
6. Remove the two bolts and position the fan shroud assembly.
7. Disconnect the return hose from the cooling fan and shroud and remove the cooling fan and shroud assembly.
8. Remove the A/C condenser. For additional information, refer to Section 412-03 .
9. Disconnect the lower radiator hose.
10. Remove the two bolts and position the multi-cooler assembly aside.
11. Remove the bolts and the condenser support brackets.
12. Remove the radiator.

special tool??where do i get one??

where do i get the special tool?
That's a good amount of work but I found these instructions for when I pulled mine out:

1. Disconnect the throttle position (TP) sensor and the idle air control (IAC) valve electrical connectors.
1. Remove the bracket.
1. Remove the bolts.
2. Remove the bracket.
3. Disconnect the high pressure cooling fan bracket and line.
4. Using the appropriate special tool, install a new O-ring on the power steering pressure hose fitting.
5. Separate the return hose from the fan shroud and position aside.
6. Remove the two bolts and position the fan shroud assembly.
7. Disconnect the return hose from the cooling fan and shroud and remove the cooling fan and shroud assembly.
8. Remove the A/C condenser. For additional information, refer to Section 412-03 .
9. Disconnect the lower radiator hose.
10. Remove the two bolts and position the multi-cooler assembly aside.
11. Remove the bolts and the condenser support brackets.
12. Remove the radiator.

it's a simple tool that is a plastic cone - the large end goes over the hose end (covering the threads), you put the o-ring on the small end and 'roll' it down the cone, making it larger until it hits the bottom and pops into where it fits on the hose.

You do not need this tool - it is meant to protect the new o-ring from being cut on the threads as you try to work it over the threads installing it. You can usually do it by being careful, or covering the threads with tape.

Members online

No members online now.
Back