Help! Instrument Panel lights out!

Krillian

LVC Member
Reaction score
Strange problem, My instrument panel lights quit wording! Also my tail lights are out! Brake lights work 4 ways work headlights work NO TAIL LIGHTS. I checked all fuses all are good!
Where to start? It is a Mark VIII LSC
I was told to replace the instrument panel dimmer BUT I cant find one anywhere!
Any ideas?

Thanks
Please respond to ranger2995@gmail.com

I think you are right BUT i cant find the darn switch anywhere local! ford no longer has it and the local Auto Zone says no so does Advance Auto
Brake lights work four ways work and headlights work just no taillights! Strange!

Click the link in my post above.... it is for sending him a private message.

Otherwise here is a link to his profile:

Jamie

Lincoln Auto Parts
only dealing in 93-98 Mark VIII's since 99
42160 US HWY 19 N Tarpon Springs FL
727-789-6474

Jamie is going to be an excellent resource for you.

Thanks Jamie for all of your hard work.

Futher info!

I checked all fuses and all are good! Turn sigs work, brake lights work, flashers work, headlights work. just NO TAILLIGHTS!!!! I thinks two problems exist here the instrument panel lights is one and the taillights is another!

I have this problem with my 97 LSC but its just the guage cluster that the lights dont work. I tried replacing the head light nob but it didnt work. Fuses were all good too. Any other suggestions?

I have this problem with my 97 LSC but its just the guage cluster that the lights dont work. I tried replacing the head light nob but it didnt work. Fuses were all good too. Any other suggestions?

The light sensor on the passenger side of the dash?

On my car. .I turn the headlights on.. and unless "the car thinks it's dark enough" the dash lights wont come on.

So possibly you have a bad light sensor on the dash?

Seems plausible.

I just realized that it was the dimmer switch I changed. Ill try the headlight switched. My lights come on when it gets dark. Ill do that and see if that works.

I think you are right BUT i cant find the darn switch anywhere local! ford no longer has it and the local Auto Zone says no so does Advance Auto
Brake lights work four ways work and headlights work just no taillights! Strange!

This guy didn't use the A word did he? Autozone no no no no no.....

they wouldn't know anything... wal-mart rejects...

Looks like Jamie is taking care of you.

Also always try Max at 5 star Ford. Many times even when Ford says no Max sitll finds it.

Members online

Back