Help me pick my Lincoln this week!

pktaske

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok - big decision this week. Equity line of credit approved and need to get one of these this week. All V8's:

#1 - 2005 Silver 62k ~$9500. This is @ Honda dealer. 2 owners.

#2 - 2004 Black 31k ~$11,000 now but probably more like $10,500. Guy bought it from an older fellow and fixed up some small things (window reg, etc) and is looking to turn it.

#3 - 2004 Tundra 39k ~$10,000. This is a repo from Forida bought from Chase bank. Car was sitting for 1.5 years. Licensed independent dealer.

All Carfax's check out FWIW.

Let me know what you think guys.

2005.jpg

04 31.jpg

2004LincolnLS003.jpg

All equipped similarly?

Pretty much. #3 does not have heated/cooled seats. None have the back up sensors. All have moonroof/sunroof. Not sure what other options matter all that much. I'm not a big CD guy (who is anymore) so 6-d changer doesn't matter to me.

Another question - I read a lot what goes wrong witht these cars (coils, window regs, ball joints, etc). Any things to look for on my inspection that would be telegraphing an impending problem? Thanks...

i'd go with #2.. the 05 if pictures are in order.. the black one... any sort of shake or missfire.. thats pretty much it for coils usually!

ANy of them have HID, nav?

I would say #2 as well, one owner, least number of miles

But i'm partial to black... so my opinion might be biased.

I love the color of #3, although it doesn't have heated/cooled seats. The price for #2 and #3 seem about right, so either one is a good choice IMHO.

There is a black 06 on Ebay. More expensive than what you are looking though. It's loaded Nav HID so with ............... 20K miles

#2 is black on black, 1 owner, very low miles. That gets the vote in my book. I happen to like silver on black as well, but I don't like the idea of two owners.

i like #3 and love the color on it but sitting for a year and half would worry me, so i say #2

Some comments:

-I know black is a big fav here but it;s lowest on my list. I have a black CR-V and it's a PITA to keep clean while every little scratch jumps out at you. While I take care of my cars, I'm not up for a wash every week or so. That being said, the low miles are mighty appealing. Color-wise, I like #3, #1, #2.

-All three cars show 2 owners, not including the current ones.

-None have HID and Nav. I'd like the Nav but i'm not desparate for it. Same for HID. The seats on the other hand do matter to me (I think)! I liked my heated seats inmy Mazda but someone said the cooling feature is life-changing. Is it? And does it break?

-Anything special about an '05 over an '04 aside from it's been alive longer?

Pax..Nick

no heated or cooled seats #3, no thank you! not too mention if the owner couldn't pay for the car (since it had to be repo'ed) then who knows what else they couldn't pay for, cheap gas, wrong oil, no maintenance. it just sounds risky

I like the black but they are dime-a-dozen, but the greenish color I don't see much and kinda like that. I'd say #3 IMO.

Members online

No members online now.
Back