Help with an odd question - LS didn't want to start, alarm kept going off every try

swdobbs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got this 2001 LS, I've been driving it daily with no indication of a low battery for the past 3 weeks/month. After church we went to lunch, came out after lunch... turn the key engine turns over slowly then gauges pegged and alarm sounds, same sequence like 6 times before the engine finally lit off. It was quite the "show".

It was about 90 degrees outside, not that I think that matters. I'm thinking low battery? I've checked the cables all tight.

thanks guys.

s.

I've dealt with a similar issue in the past (with my 03 LS V8). No-start after jump, turned out to be a dead cell in the battery. Replacing the battery seemed to correct the issue...until a few months later when she wouldn't start again (the alarm did sound each time I attempted to start the car). Turned out to be a bad negative cable to the engine mount.

Hope this helps!

Turned out to be a bad negative cable to the engine mount.

Hope this helps!

That does help, I can have a new cable made by my hot rod buddies, they always move the batteries to their trunks (likely cheaper than lincoln's factory replacement)

I'll have to keep my cables handy, if it is the cable I might be able to add a quick ground from the negative pole to the wheel holddown and confirm the problem.

Thanks

s.

Members online

No members online now.
Back