Help with Kenwood DVX997XR Nav

bhans40

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I received a good price on this new 4year old unit. Had the unit installed along with a USB port installed in the center console along with a backup camera.... Being 4 y/o unit the maps are out of date so I'm having trouble deciding how big of a USB stick to buy to down load the maps from Garmin as I don't know how much is enough. As I'm not knowledgeable in what size I was wondering if maybe 64gb would be sufficient. Believe me any help would be appreciated......(Don't know what a gig-a-bite is).....Bruce L. Hansen......Senior Citizen.....Alive by the grace and mercy of GOD. Senior Citizen? 84 on the 16th of May

4 year old maps? I wouldnt be fazed by that one bit. Just run it. Any way, the google answer came back as this " A microSD card with at least 4 GB of space must be used when updating the maps on a device."

Maybe your right xtriggerman, maybe I should leave the maps alone and see how it all works out....I do know (I think) newer than say 4/5 years addresses won't show up (maybe)....Thank you for your advice.... Bruce L. Hansen....Senior Citizen....Alive by the grace and mercy of GOD

the gps unit on my other 12 year old car still hasn’t given me problems with not being able to find new addresses. If you do have to update any somewhat “modern” Microsd will have enough room. Normally you just have to download it and then plug it into your microsd slot and then pick the map update function from the head unit settings

the gps unit on my other 12 year old car still hasn’t given me problems with not being able to find new addresses. If you do have to update any somewhat “modern” Microsd will have enough room. Normally you just have to download it and then plug it into your microsd slot and then pick the map update function from the head unit settings
Thanks for the advice BigUziLinc... Sorry about not getting back to you sooner

Members online

No members online now.
Back