Help with trans problem

rcodemustang

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 95 LSC trans has 10,000 miles on it. I have no first gear or overdrive. Have no first by putting it into low or putting it in drive. I have had it to two shops and they cannot figure it out. The mpls and the selenoids and the internal harness was replaced. Any help would from someone would be appreciated. Thanks,Rick

Is it the original transmission from the 95 or one that has been rebuilt from maybe a 98 -00 model? Solenoids can go bad or could possible come loose inside the pan and cause these problems. Has anyone taken the pan off to check the solenoids and make sure they are in fact plugged in and or still in place?

The reason I ask about the year of the trans, it's possible that a shop installed it without knowing that it needed to be re-pinned for your year but it sounds like you had the original rebuilt.

As far as I know this is the original trans. Pan has been down 4 times. Selinods replaced twice. Sometimes I can power brake the car and the trans will work perfect. Both shops said mechanically the trans is fine. First shop did a service and found nothing in the bottom of the pan. Second shop did the replacing of the parts. I have no codes other than for the chip.

Thanks, rick

As far as I know this is the original trans. Pan has been down 4 times. Selinods replaced twice. Sometimes I can power brake the car and the trans will work perfect. Both shops said mechanically the trans is fine. First shop did a service and found nothing in the bottom of the pan. Second shop did the replacing of the parts. I have no codes other than for the chip.

Thanks, rick

The chip may be your problem then.

If the computer from the 93 had traction assist and the 95 also has traction assist, yes, the PCM should work but if the 93 didn't have it and your 95 does, it most likely will not work. The car will only turn over but not start.

Members online

Back