HID conversion complete! also have stock bulb 4 sale

04SSHD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
First off... I am selling my working OEM HID bulb fromt he Mark VIII. It can be found on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=260057292303&rd=1&rd=1

OEM HID bulb for sale-
HID014.jpg

HID conversion is complete! Here are the pics-

HID001.jpg

HID017.jpg

HID020.jpg

HID005.jpg

HID023.jpg

HID027.jpg

ALOT brighter then stock!!!

HID029.jpg

New HID^

HID009.jpg

Old HID (stock)^

PioneerCrazed said:
That looks pretty interesting, have you had a chance to take it for a spin at night? Also, what temperature bulbs did you get? and where'd you get the hid kit?

Yes I have been driving since I finished on Wednesday night. Light output is great, same pattern as stock but brighter! I opted for the 6000k color temperature, I believe the stock one is around 4300k.

Total newb here. Just bought my '98 Mark VIII LSC two weeks ago.

I would be interested in knowing more about your kit. I don't need any right now (knock on wood) but would like to know what other options are out there when/if I do.

Thanks!

D Hook said:
Total newb here. Just bought my '98 Mark VIII LSC two weeks ago.

I would be interested in knowing more about your kit. I don't need any right now (knock on wood) but would like to know what other options are out there when/if I do.

Thanks!

Shoot me a PM and I will try to answer any questions you have about the kit.

04SSHD said:
Yes I have been driving since I finished on Wednesday night. Light output is great, same pattern as stock but brighter! I opted for the 6000k color temperature, I believe the stock one is around 4300k.

Nice work!

Do you mind stating what all is involved w the conversion?

I understand an 8000k bulb would burn warmer, is that an option w the sources you used?

I have two working bulbs, and a spare. But I'd like 8000k HID.

poniesviii said:
Nice work!

Do you mind stating what all is involved w the conversion?

I understand an 8000k bulb would burn warmer, is that an option w the sources you used?

I have two working bulbs, and a spare. But I'd like 8000k HID.

Conversion is pretty simple, remove the old HID bulb, disconnect the factory HID harness and ballast. Install the new HID bulb with the adapter plate I make, hook up the new ballast and tap the new harness into the factory wires that are before the factory HID ballast. Put it all back together and your done!

I can use any color temperature HID bulb, The place I order from stocks everything from 3000k to 12000k. The lower the color temperature, the brighter the light output. I have 6000k on my car right now but I would suggest 4300k if you want to keep it close to the factory color range.
I have had 8000k on my 04 Silverado and it was just too blue/purple for my taste.

Keep below 4500K. The spectrum of light (color) at higher temperatures makes it more difficult to see. So anything higher, and you may not be able to see a damn thing... Gen-I style!

evillally said:
Keep below 4500K. The spectrum of light (color) at higher temperatures makes it more difficult to see. So anything higher, and you may not be able to see a damn thing... Gen-I style!

Why does BMW seem to like 8000k?

BMW's appear to be 8000k at certain angles because the are reflected through a projector lense which adjusts the beam and light output. Most OEM HID lights are around 4300k.

have two orders in, if anyone else would like a kit let me know. I have enough material left over to make a few more.

04SSHD said:
have two orders in, if anyone else would like a kit let me know. I have enough material left over to make a few more.

Oh, you're selling them now? How much? I'm very interested.

Russo said:
Oh, you're selling them now? How much? I'm very interested.

$300 plus shipping, includes two new bulbs, two new ballasts, wire harness, and adapter plate to work on a Mark VIII.

First two kits are shipped, I have enough supplies to make 3 more if anyone else wants one

i would like a kit

i live in redlands and will come pick it up as soon as it is ready

peace
Bill

Piper1 said:
i live in redlands and will come pick it up as soon as it is ready

peace
Bill

Since you are local, I can install it for you if you like. Let me know. Total price is $300 I need half deposit before I order the parts, you can pay the rest when it is installed. Shoot me an email or paypal deposit - bgdsub72@yahoo.com . I am currently out of the country and I will be back this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.
Back