HID upgrade, took 5 minutes....

Unity, you say that if you turn on lights (halogen) manually rather than with autolights, they are brighter? I just did the driving lights behind the grill, but that's interesting? Why is that? Is it a significant difference?

I dunno. Others have reported the same, not certain if its for a range of years or all Marks. Just turn your autolights on, then once on turn them to manual, you should see a bump in brightness.

tried that and didn't notice any difference in my 93. pulled the driving light fuse so they didnt disturb and still didn't get any difference.

just got "new" housings from jamie, WOW...

i'll post some pics.

lou, why you in the hospital again?

The HID kits in the factory hallogen housings are just fine! There shouldn't be any glare since the anti glare thingy is still in his headlight housings. If there was glare who really cares? At least you can see better! I see imports with the HID kits all the time. They do not bother me while driving. I am switching to the aftermarket HID's & I am going to use my new hallogen housings as well.

Like I said before, I notice no glare for me and still no one has flashed me. I drive home about 10pm every night, so I am getting almost daily use out of them. I still want to look into the amperage issues.

I went back in because the MS is active, and I have a lession developing on my temperal lobe and the frontal lobe.

so Im on a high dose of steroids (1000mg) daily. and about to start Chemo.

We will see just how good these HID's are since I just purchased a set of the 6000K color. I can't wait to get them.

I was debating between the 6000K & the 8000K. I hope I made the right choice with the 6000K. We will see sometime next week.

We will see just how good these HID's are since I just purchased a set of the 6000K color. I can't wait to get them.

I was debating between the 6000K & the 8000K. I hope I made the right choice with the 6000K. We will see sometime next week.

I like my 6k, but like I said the 43k may look more factory. These have a bit of blue.

There is one connector you have to "make". Al you do is slide in two wires, this then connects to the factory harness. Make sure you get that polarity right! :)

But of you want, you can not even use that extra harness and connect the factory connector right to the ballast if you can mount the ballast close enough. I plan to do so this summer.

you guys are just putting them in the high side? if you put them in the low side do you have to remove the "deflector" crap from teh low side housing?

if you bought them for better light you made the right choice with 6k or less
8k will look blue purple and do not light the road quite as good

i have 5k and would probably not go higher,only lower,
on that note some brands 6k is like others 5k,if the brand doesnt offer 4300 or 5000 then the 6000 are the way to go

one last thing about the hids

if you do not want the hid look(color),but want a big boost in light output compared to halogens,get a set of 3k hids,that is the most light output in lumens available,
i know most of us want the modern look of HIDS though

you guys are just putting them in the high side? if you put them in the low side do you have to remove the "deflector" crap from teh low side housing?

Nope. Low beam, no need to take anything out.

If anyone needs or wants to try a xenon conversion, PM me I can help.

I need to get in touch with the mods here for advertising rates.

I assume this kit is only for hight beams but what do you do for low beams

rookie? been on ebay since 2001, your seller since 2004-yours has 100% on what, 2700 fb, the other is 99.3 at 1500, not much of a difference imo-all i see is a difference in price, and the 'rookie' might be in canada,:confused: higher shipping charge, everything takes forever from canada too

rookie? been on ebay since 2001, your seller since 2004-yours has 100% on what, 2700 fb, the other is 99.3 at 1500, not much of a difference imo-all i see is a difference in price, and the 'rookie' might be in canada,:confused: higher shipping charge, everything takes forever from canada too

Yes, that person IS a rookie. First, they have SIX negative feedbacks in 12 months! Thats horrible, no matter how much you sell!

"MY" seller, the one I used, has only ONE negative feedback in 12 months!

In 12 months, "MY" seller has 2251 POSITIVE feedbacks. "ROOKIE" has ONLY 972.

So:

Japanimports: 2251:1 ratio of satisfied to negative customers that left feedback
intensehid: 162:1 ratio of satisfied to negative customer left feedback

Looks link intensehid has some things to learn = rookie indeed

The "join date" means nothing.

rook·ie (rk)
n.
1. Slang
a. An untrained or inexperienced recruit, as in the army or police.
b. An inexperienced person; a novice.
2. Sports A first-year player, especially in a professional sport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
man, read up on your posts here-you get BENT when anyone has a different take than you-are you an only child? Didn't realize this was YOUR forum., sorry. Must be working too hard, so I won't ask for photos.:D and all your proof-reading of other's who post here makes you cranky, I guess.
Have a nice day.

rook·ie (rk)
n.
1. Slang
a. An untrained or inexperienced recruit, as in the army or police.
b. An inexperienced person; a novice.
2. Sports A first-year player, especially in a professional sport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
man, read up on your posts here-you get BENT when anyone has a different take than you-are you an only child? Didn't realize this was YOUR forum., sorry. Must be working too hard, so I won't ask for photos.:D and all your proof-reading of other's who post here makes you cranky, I guess.
Have a nice day.

Its people like you who make me feel better about myself. Thank you. Definition "b" works to describe the "intensehid" seller.

And I did not "get BENT", you did when you "claimed" the feedback between the two was a wash.

I can only assume, and I will, that since you only have two posts and they are in THIS thread, you must be that seller?

Its people like you who make me feel better about myself. Thank you. Definition "b" works to describe the "intensehid" seller.

And I did not "get BENT", you did when you "claimed" the feedback between the two was a wash.

I can only assume, and I will, that since you only have two posts and they are in THIS thread, you must be that seller?

:I

Its people like you who make me feel better about myself.

Glad you can feel better about yourself skippy, being an only child who throws tantrums when anyone disagrees with you, you probably need that.

And I did not "get BENT", you did when you "claimed" the feedback between the two was a wash..

Didn't 'claim' that, If you know anything about ebay you know that a seller that had either rating is considered a dependable seller-not a 'rookie'. Look at your posts, you get 'bent' alot, you are opinionated to the point that you are annoying-I'll leave it your to your sense of fairness (that'll be good), read what you write, not just the 'rookie' comment, look at the body of work (1220 posts-you do have a life, don't you?) that is yours on this forum-being knowledgable about a subject is one thing, but labeling this seller a 'rookie' is just wrong, and if you can't admit that, you prove my point.

You 'assume' because you are the first half of that word-and your intuitive powers are lacking, I did originally say that it must be a Canadian buyer and pointed out the the shipping price was higher-gee, I guess the 'seller' would point that out. I'm sure, in real life, you are a very nice person, just superior and condesending when you touch a keyboard. Grow up.

You 'assume' because you are the first half of that word-and your intuitive powers are lacking, I did originally say that it must be a Canadian buyer and pointed out the the shipping price was higher-gee, I guess the 'seller' would point that out. I'm sure, in real life, you are a very nice person, just superior and condesending when you touch a keyboard. Grow up.

I really have no clue what your problem is. Although I am rather amused by your out lashes!

First, I am not an only child. Not sure where you got the info from that I was, but your source was not factual. In fact I have two brothers.

As for eBay, well I happen to know a lot about it. The feedback system is there to protect buyers by making them more comfortable with the seller. Or in the case of "intensehid", less comfortable. All I pointed was that based on 1 year of feedback the ratio of satisfied to non-satisfied was HUGE between the two, thats all. Simple third-grade math.

As for my posts, yes I do have a life. I own my own business and do a lot of automotive work as a hobby. I help restore vintage Studebakers and replaced my engine in my car with one out of a 2004 Aviator. That alone attribute to many of my posts. I am very educated on the Mark VIII and, unlike you, like to help others with problems. I am sure a great many can vouch for that as I have needed their help too!

And I am sure, in real life, you are .... well, I wont use such words here. I guess you are upset about a few lost sales?

Now can we please get back on topic, whatever it was...

Members online

No members online now.
Back